For Backers Only: Planet Editor

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, July 12, 2013.

1. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

This is Awesome! I love that eventually we will be able to create planets to our own specifications and then play on them.

With single planet game play this seems quite straight forward. Create a planet then play on it. However, once we will be playing on more than one planet / moon it seems we will need a editor before this one that allows us to position and edit the actual solar system itself.

I created another topic to think through / discuss this here: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=49526
  2. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

I am going to spend sooooooooo much time in there!
  3. cobycohodas

cobycohodas Member

Can't wait to play with this as well...it is going to be like it's own game!
  4. moldez

moldez Active Member

Hi there, these are great news indeed .. again ..!

.. so damn great that I chose to finally post something on this forum instead of just silently read it for months now ;)
    even it is not implemented yet, this new feature lets me brainstorm about the possibilities of the generator !
    back in the old days I loved to play with the mapeditor of total annihilation ...

my first questions are:

... will there possibly be a slider for:

1- .. the amount of reclaimable resources ? such as trees and rocks?
    (seperat from metalspots)
    2- .. the level of destruction of the planet
    3- .. the amount of wreckage from wars long past (would be great if this would come along seperat to point 1.and 2. imo)
    4- .. the colour of the water for eyecandy ;)
    5- .. the colour of the atmosphere .. ?
    6- .. colour of the sun?? and along with that the overall lightning colour ??

Point 1. and 3. bring me back to the TA editor where i spent hours to evenly place and design maps covered with destructed bases and units..
    .. those maps had very little up to no metalpoints at all and so you had to fight for the wreckagefields and you were forced to advance continuosly!
    (great and devastating battles but you needed to get used to this kind of play)

Point 2, 4, 5, 6 eyecandy ;)

I know those are extra gimmicks and don`t need to be in there right after the release but I`m very corious if they are possible to implement at all .. moddable ?
    .. so what do you think?

cheers, moldez

ps: sry for my rusty english :?

.. and thx to knight
  5. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

This is awesome news, cant wait to check it out.

Will we be able to shape individual area's to our own design (e.g. drop in actual trees/shape terrain) or will it all be just a matter of moving sliders to create the planets?
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

What you see in the screenshots is pretty much what you are getting for the first pass. We'll expose more stuff over time.
  7. moldez

moldez Active Member

and thats just great :D

can´t wait for it !!!

thx
  8. syox

syox Member

veni, vidi, amavi
  9. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

If you didn't use Google Translate for that, amavi to you as well.
  10. vipez

vipez Member

This.looks.just.so. AWESOME :twisted:
  11. syox

syox Member

Had latin in school. Though i didn't know the conjugations anymore. But amavi, funny as it may be would have been my first guess, but i looked it up to be sure.

I am speaking german as mother tongue, english as second.

learned latin in school as third. And some japanese and french in university.
  12. mushroomars

Wait, no, ****, that would be amo, not amavi... Damn...

Whatever, anyways, to the meat of my post:

I WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thank you for your time.
  13. tassadar33

tassadar33 Member

Pretty sure they have all left the office, no update today ) : They must have run into an issue.
  14. mushroomars

But but but it's only 7 in Washington.

:cry:
  15. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Only seven?? Not sure what time you start your day, but I usually start mine at around 6AM.. office no later than 8 most days. ;-)

Anyway. I'm still working on a build. May not make it out tonight, as it needs some testing time by the team, but.. we're still working. Even if it's from laptops at home.
  16. tassadar33

tassadar33 Member

So your saying I was right ( :

I do applaud how hard you work on this game guys. How much you enjoy playing/working on the game shows.

I will be eagerly restarting the client every 30 minutes.. as I have been for the last four hours lol.
  17. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

The client will tell you if there is a new build available ;)
  18. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Cool, glad to know there's going to be more coming. Cant wait to see how big planets can get.

I really enjoy the smaller faster skirmishes we currently have, but the sup com addict in me is longing to see those huge 2-4 hour monster games ;)

Cant wait to have a little play with the editor. Good times people!
  19. FlandersNed

FlandersNed Member

How did I miss this?

Whatever the case, it is amazing. The lava planet does understandably look like a first pass, but it is still good.

Also, if our planets so far have only been 25% of the maximum size (3000/750), I can't wait to see what the full size ones look like.
  20. superouman

superouman Post Master General

omg yes! i can't wait for this! asdfasdfasdf
    And same as flandersned, how did i miss this news, i never was so exited to try a map editor, even more than the game itself