Zoom out to celestial view

Discussion in 'Support!' started by zaphodx, July 8, 2013.

1. NatoNine

NatoNine New Member

If you look at the original video from 0:36 to 0:44 and from 1:00 to 1:10 and from 1:17 to 1:22 that's the way I imagine it should look... Actually that's the way it has been promised to look. The game is still in development, by the time Uber is ready to implement it the engine will be up to the task.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/FhEYvOYceNs
  2. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

3. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Man, I haven't watched that in forever it seems. That kind of zoom, where you keep your view relative to the planet all the way out would work better TBH. Having it zoom out and snap to the north pole, when you zoom back in, you gotta reorient yourself manually :(

Even if they added in the game saving your last viewpoint for each planet/moon, that gets snapped to when you zoom back in.

My favorite part of that vid: wubwubwubwubwub ;)
  4. fusurugi

fusurugi New Member

my game's always snapping to the northpole, no matter what.
    it's in the options.
  5. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

That's not what I mean. I too use pole-lock to keep north always "up", but what I mean is that north snaps to the center of the screen, so you end up looking AT the north pole when you zoom in, not where you were before.

Like say you're looking at the equator. North pole is at the top of your screen. Zoom all the way out, then zoom back in. North pole is in yo face. And since planets rotate independantly of galactic views lock, just arrowing down doesn't mean you'll be back where you were either.
  6. fusurugi

fusurugi New Member

I see.
  7. thedbp

thedbp Member

8. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

Weirdly enough, I have not experienced this issue. (or maybe have very quickly adopted to this, since several other games I play work in the exact same way)

Seeing this thread, loads of people like this, and loads really don't want it. So its my belief that putting an option into the UI to do this or something similar, at some point, would fix everyones problems.
  9. bongologist

bongologist Member

It would be good to not have to find my base after zooming out. +1