Problem with keys

Discussion in 'Support!' started by therishka, July 10, 2013.

1. therishka

therishka New Member

Ok, here's a problem that i met:
    I've re-installed windows (and completely cleaned out my hard-disk). The first thing i wanted to do after upgrading drivers - to play PA. So i went to "my keys" web-page to download launcher. And i've noticed one thing - convert to Steam-key. So i've decided to keep playing PA on steam (just becouse why not?). After entering the key, i've successfully downloaded and installed PA. But after accepting the disclaimer i've noticed one weird thing. I had wrong nickname! It says that i'm "xfamous". But i'm not!)) And on steam i've got another nickname and it has never been changed! I was kinda surprised. So i've decided to keep playing on normal launcher. I've successfully updated and logged in, but it said that my account isn't authorized to play PA? He asked for my game-key, but on "my keys" page there were only Steam-key and it doesn't fit! What should i do now? i want to play as myself not some random xfamous!(

Attached Files:

2. jacoby6000

jacoby6000 Member

Try playing one game on steam, and then launching it via the launcher. I'm pretty sure you're locked out of the launcher until you play it on steam, or something like that.
  3. therishka

therishka New Member

Nope. Still doesn't work. I can play PA using steam but for some reason with wrong nickname. Why the hell it gave my wrong nickname? o_O
  4. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

This happened to someone else a while back. E-mailing "info at uberent.com" would prolly be your best bet..... and then report back here as to what is up with this!
  5. ubermaugustine

ubermaugustine Uber Alumni

Have you ever played SMNC on Steam? If so, there's a good chance that the "xfamous" UberNet account was registered for you at that time and linked to your Steam account. In that case, redeeming the Steam code unlocked PA for that UberNet account rather than the "therishka" account.

If you want to play PA under your "therishka" account, you can re-associate your Steam account with it here: https://uberent.com/user/linkedsteamaccount

Hope that helps, but let me know if you're still having trouble.
  6. therishka

therishka New Member

Great! Normal launcher now accepts my account and i have proper nickname on Steam! Thx a lot!