Unit veterancy / experience

Discussion in 'Support!' started by fierceseaman, July 9, 2013.

1. fierceseaman

fierceseaman New Member

Any chance that units will have veterancy or experience? Right now I just throw them mercilessly into the void but it would be an interesting element.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Nope. Check the Confirmed Features Sticky in the General Discussion Subforum.

Mike
  3. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

Centuries of countless war has made all the robots the best at what they do already. You can't really get better than the best :D
  4. fierceseaman

fierceseaman New Member

True, although I really loved how units upgraded in CnC Generals.
  5. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

Units are inherently large in number and expendable. Veterancy works more effectively in things like Company of Heroes where you've got a very manageable number of individual units you're micromanaging.
  6. SleepWarz

SleepWarz Active Member

And in COH, it is also realistic for people to gain better skills through extended combat. Robots not so much. As was said, they should be best at what they do at point of completion.
  7. jjffjhjf

jjffjhjf New Member

except they aren't. hence t1 and t2 versions of things.
  8. Intekin

Intekin New Member

I do not think that veterancy have a place in a normal game, for the reasons previously stated.

But it could add some interesting mods. Maybe not to the degree of starcraft 2 mod/mapmaking but still interesting. Especially when we have a few planets to run around on.
  9. benwilson512

benwilson512 New Member

T1 vs T2 is more about performance per resource than it is "not being as could as they could be". T2 is better, but it costs more. A team with only T2 would quickly be overrun in the early game as they lack the resources to produce a sufficient army.
  10. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

I think of T1 vs. T2 as how complex the Nanolathe building it is. T2 Nanolathes are capable of building more complex units than T1, hence the more complex geometry and superior weapons system.

Simpler Nanolathes can add to the more complex constructions just by blindly spraying green funk all over it.

But there is no real in-lore excuse for separation between T1 and T2 aside from expenses.