wait teapot was tank over shamass

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by feedle, July 9, 2013.

1. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I outgunned the kid. He only killed me if he camped the juice machines. That isn't saying much because my gunner is trash.

In current gameplay with juice off he would have to adapt quickly. Given that he hasn't even changed his build yet I question his ability to do so but I don't really know the guy - maybe he has it all figured out? But I guess that is not a big deal because he hasn't even turned on his Xbox in, like, 2 months...
  2. Goldielocks

Goldielocks Member

So GP was Push, Shammas, Sigmar, Jeff, Deadeye, and Chronicaust?
  3. woyldman

woyldman New Member

I beat everyone but Jeff consistently on Gunner. The few times I played Deadeye I beat him (although that was a long time ago). I didn't realise that comparing my Gunner to Gunked / Zatchmo made me arrogant. Don't get me wrong they are probably the next best gunners, but I still consistently out-gun them with even teams.

Sorry for stating my first post in a humble way. Now you make me look arrogant for explaining facts.
    Last edited: July 9, 2013
  4. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

please PLEASE bring GP back! I personally would gurantee a skunk against GP.. and if we didnt. il quit this game.forever
  5. woyldman

woyldman New Member

Pretty sure it was that.
  6. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

lol and nobody could beat that? tisk tisk
  7. bluntkingmcpussy

bluntkingmcpussy Member

Oye, calm down woyldman, I was just messin about, ye old tosser.
  8. Goldielocks

Goldielocks Member

Hey, someone answered my question! Thanks. :)
  9. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

My game has been off since I've come back so idk how I feel about that statement hehe.
  10. De Troll

De Troll New Member

I'm pretty sure I answered it a couple pages back...
  11. woyldman

woyldman New Member

I played once or twice and you were still very good. One of the few gunners I can't stomp anyway so that has to mean something haha.
  12. De Troll

De Troll New Member

As much as you guys want to **** talk Deadeye, in all seriousness he's probably better than any of you in any game besides MNC. And he's still better than a lot of you in MNC.
  13. RandomToon

So what? It has nothing to do with skill, and everything to do with personality. Just because you are good at a game does not entitle you to anything, let alone a superiority complex. It is just an insignifigant part of of a persons life, unless it is the story of someone who has nothing else to be proud of, and it would be sad if he wasn't just so darned unlikeable. It's like if Zamfir, master of the pan flute, was all like "ohhhh jeah, youze cant play deez h0ll0w reeds like me son, nosiree - go bck2 jazzflute n00b"; it simply deserves derision.

Reference for the younger kids out there;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv7bUkBvWDc
  14. De Troll

De Troll New Member

But most of it is game-related. You can't try and say that all of you will destroy Deadeye and he sucks at games. It's like when Feedle tries to **** talk me, it's just a joke and everyone laughs at him.
  15. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

Quite a large number of people who play(ed) this game have an inferiority complex.
  16. RandomToon

No of course not - I have just stated I beat him at gunner, in a pub, when neither of us was on a team, in a setting that didn't matter. Most of the time if he had the drop on me I am sure he would win - and I suck on Steel Peel so he would just win that map every time. Go to Shadowrun (which I have never played) and I will probably get crushed since I hear he is good at it. Probably any other shooter, really. Put us on XCOM though...

Point is, some people are naturals at one or several types of game. Some suck at them - I admit I am bad at shooters. Some work hard at it and overcome, some don't. People should be proud of what they accomplish either way. I am proud for them - right up until they use it as something that makes them "better" in an all around sense. Arrogance is a pet peeve of mine.

He talks so much trash because he once got a check from MLG, which is funny to me. If you want to make money gaming, play chess. It is a globally respected game to boot. Heck, if that isn't your cup of tea then play poker! The masters of those games are not poor by any stretch of the imagination and let's you look at how the professional game playing world works. REALLY works...
    Last edited: July 9, 2013
  17. woyldman

woyldman New Member

But Feedle is worse than you in this game which is why it is funny. The people who are calling Deadeye bad are better than him in this game on Gunner (as far as I know) which is why we say it.

He isn't that good on Gunner in MNC. I never said that he sucks at any other game. Pretty sure many other people only say that too as they haven't really played him outside of MNC.
  18. teapot

teapot Post Master General

People talk **** to deadeye because he often brings it upon himself. Is deadeye an overall better FPS player than most here? Yeah sure. In his prime he was one of the best players, but he never came close to reaching the skill of those players who are still playing today. I don't know calinorth's placings or w/e, but he's probably the most successful FPS player to touch the game besides Hulk Z. Other than those he's an overall better FPS player than everyone here.

As far as GP vs H&S. GP doesn't stand a chance unless they had a decent amount of time to catch up to speed. The game has changed too much since GP and juice buying was turned off, and deadeye and sigmar wouldn't adjust to the aggressive style of todays meta without practicing a bit. GP would lose to skills team right now because the majority of GP never saw any competition better than DK or DeS. While I do think we were good at the time, our communication was terrible compared to today.

It's a classic case of deadeye syndrome. "we were the best, anyone good now is only good because we're no longer here. if we came back we'd be the best, but we won't, so we'll just talk" The only problem was GP was more dominant in a time where there were more teams consisting of worse players, and H&S was dominant in a time of no teams but overall more skilled players. It's like claiming 05 FB was a more skilled team because they were able to beat everyone else more than they were in 06. It's not because 06 FB was bad, it's because the other teams stepped up and changed/pushed the meta.

As far as me playing tank goes... I played tank because they wanted to try shammas on assassin. We needed someone aggressive on assassin who didn't play with a linear style, and while I think I am closer to shammas' sin than I am his tank, they still wanted to have him on sin and put me on tank and contain murky. I think my tank is pretty solid and can get the job done. Hell you can see my pushes from Chron's POV on ammo mule, but I think the real reason why I got asked to play tank is because they just wanted anyone who would communicate and respond as a team.
  19. De Troll

De Troll New Member

GP would do just fine with practice, no one's saying we'd just play and stomp everyone. Even Deadeye would be a dominant gunner if he had something to play for and cared enough to stop being an idiot. He was probably the best gunner during the first tournament. What people fail to realize is that this game, or any FPS is about so much more than outgunning someone. 3 years later and you guys are still catching up...
  20. feedle

feedle Post Master General

Umm they lost one match out of 3 to destiny if i remember right or someone in the fragged nation tourney. There was video footage of it.