PA Beta gentlemens ladder

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cola_colin, June 21, 2013.

1. wtfitsnotbutter

wtfitsnotbutter New Member

So that is why it was so hard to find
  2. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

Ahh so thats how I was able to find this thing finally. Will be joining irc later tonight, to see if we can't get some cool team matches setup. (need breakfast first)

Not sure I follow, you mean you only get to build one wall "block" for any defensive turret you put down? (imo, then you might as well not put walls, as a small force of T2 tanks, takes these single blocks out so fast, that their isn't really a point in building them anymore)

Also to comment on the turtling, when playing against decent players, going turtling is so much harder, because if they play properly, you shouldn't be able to:
    - Full base defensives, you won't have them setup when the first wave of enemy tanks / bombers / bots come in.
    - The moment you see someone try to turtle, you either A go around where they don't have defensives yet, or B send such a flood that they will never be able to complete their turtle since you keep killing their workers.
    - These games are so high-paced... I just don't see how you would make it happen. (this could just be me though)
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Making 20 walls in front of a turret results in units killing the 20 walls before the turret, thus increasing its strength extremely. It's plain imbalanced.
    So yeah, use of walls is discouraged and I have not seen many walls in the last few games I played.

EDIT:
    Also spreading walls randomly makes it really hard to attack a position when there are tanks and walls mixed, cause the walls soak up a lot of damage.
  4. sinisterdom

sinisterdom New Member

When you gonna loose a game Colin :D
  5. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

Ahh so its more to prevent the multilayer setup of walls, rather than building a wall, gotcha. Totally agree with that one, a wall has its purposes, but multilayer walls are to imba to use and allow way to imba turtles.

My current main use of multilayer walls, is to counter catapult swarm.

The biggest thing I see on walls, is that arti just shoots over it, balancing them a LOT.
  6. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Em that last game that borzol posted wasnt a ladder game. It was 2 days ago and I quit after 1 minute.
  7. cola_colin

I sent him a pm asking him to explain the situation. After he has explained what happened we can probably remove the match.
  8. Clopse

judging by the picture it looks like i didnt quit after a minute but it defo wasnt a ladder match.
  9. cola_colin

I do trust you ;)
    But it would be kind of unfair to act without even asking borzol what his report is about.
  10. Clopse

Ah I understand. :p
  11. cola_colin

meh...

I dislike the fact that one of you guys is not saying the truth. However it was definitely not a 1v1 and should not be reported as such, so I'll ask thedbp to remove it, since 2 of the 4 players in it seem not to be listed in the ladder anyway. FFA's don't effect the rating, only 1v1 do. So it is kind of problematic to add an FFA as a 1v1.
  12. Clopse

well if i start a random ffa with 3 others that are not in the ladder i'm going to assume it isnt a ladder game? plus i would never ladder game with more than 2 people.
  13. purecaldari

purecaldari Member

Is there a summary of the Gentlemens Rules for ingame behavior? The OP has some rules for the current build but there are more. For example:
    - Build only one wall element per point defense tower.
    But I was not able to find a thread about it.
  14. cola_colin

Why would there be a thread about it? I don't understand your problem.
  15. purecaldari

purecaldari Member

If I want to play with Gentlemens Rules, where can I find them? If multiple players agree to them, where they are listed? Or am I missing the point here?
  16. dacite

dacite Member

They're in the first post.
  17. purecaldari

purecaldari Member

Thought there are more, sorry.
  18. btustorm

btustorm New Member

oh yeah i should be a part of this...

i agree it's been too easy
  19. thedbp

thedbp Member

hm... this is getting moved around quite a lot. trying hit a bigger group of people?

Here's to hoping making it public will cause more abuse
  20. cola_colin

The amount of people who just register to never play is quite high. :/