Too much to ask for a bug fix?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by ZoZo, January 8, 2011.

1. ZoZo

ZoZo New Member

Straight up....the game crashes at the end of a round almost every other game. Coupled with limited servers out there to even support the multiplayer, it becomes hair pulling-ly maddening when you crash out every other time the money ball explodes and then cant bring the game back up fast enough to get back into the server you were on, thereby double-sucker punching you with a 15 minute wait on top of the crash. Seriously, do NOT wait for another DLC pack to address this crash issue, or I gaurentee you there wont be anyone to give the DLC to guys. HUGE issue.

additionally, the dissapearing hud bug? come on you'd have to be just lazy not to hot fix that, i mean seriously, just add a hud refresh on death or something.

edit: nearly forgot-> if your in the act of buying the annihilator and someone kills you, guess what? you get the successful purchase audio from the game, and the cash deduction, hell even micky cantor is tickled pink....BUT NO ACTUAL annihilator effect. THEN your killer strolls over and buys it! ridiculous! (and NO not a latency issue. live in chicago, playing on a chicago server, pings 20 at the highest...)
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Is this about the xbox version? Because the PC version is beta and some bugs are to be expected. And why make two topics with the exact same content, one of them obviously in the completely wrong forum?
  3. dustoff

dustoff New Member

They are working on a few things and already said they have a lot of the problems fixed in the next patch .Things will get better, This game is still in beta and it is expected for things not to work perfect and for them to fix as many issues as possible per patch with out hot fixes. One thing (among a lot of others) they are working on is a smaller update system so we don't have to re download the game every patch.

A patch is coming soon .and the release date is 10 days away so I bet they are super busy getting ready for that deadline. There will pleanty of servers up too as they fixed some problems on that end.
  4. Tomas

Tomas New Member

Fact: Fixing bugs involves reading forums and waiting until someone asks for a fix. Clearly if a bug isn't being fixed right away, they are intentionally leaving it unfixed in order to spite us as they hate their game and everyone who plays it.

It's true.
  5. PKC

PKC New Member

i only get about 1 crash every 4-5 hours. pretty good, especially for a beta.
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Both the Moneyball crash and HUD issues are fixed in the next patch.
  7. do0t

do0t New Member

I run a server (no crashes with uptime over 77 hours last tracked), and I come and go playing different games while server trucks along on the same box.

There's something to be said about that bros.

8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I usually play 2-3 matches and then take a coffee break and read the forum. MNC has crashed on me like 3 times in the last week. I have seen the money ball crash once - in 50 hours of gameplay.

The only crashes I get are when I Alt+Tab out for a longer times. So I avoid doing that.
  9. faits

faits New Member

My server has never crashed, but the game itself has done the moneyball crash on me several times.
  10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

It took us a while to figure out the Moneyball crash but the log files and people posting about how it happened helped a ton. Thank you.
  11. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Out of curiosity - what was the cause?
  12. ZoZo

ZoZo New Member

Sorry if i was a bit rash, its uncommon to see a timely response to a post on a game, kudos to that.

Thought I'd make another point while I have your attention though->

the chat box between rounds is broke as all get out, its nice to get a chance post match to shoot some dialogue back and forth before the next round, but for whatever reason the hotkeys for the menu work while using the box. ill try typing something and get spammed with clan tag options and locker room stuff. If that doesn't happen then it still has this issue where if i type anything longer then like 5 words it constantly eats my text out right, maybe farting out the last word or two in a sentence on their own, making me look like a looney.

so my only solution is to type in like 3 word chunks, like im will shatner or something, in an attempt to communicate at all
  13. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We had some compatibility issues in our multi-threaded performance optimization code that was done to help the Xbox version. It led to some bizzare performance hindrances in listen servers and crashes for certain hardware on dedicated servers on PC.
  14. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

That's on our list to improve and remove input when focused in the box.
  15. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

yeah, it would be nice if chat was visible at all times

especially at the end of a round. It sits there for plenty of time for people to say their ggs or trash talk, but text doesn't show up :(