Templates and dragging

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by legitlobster, July 6, 2013.

1. legitlobster

legitlobster Member

I know these have to be feature incomplete but I think it would be smart to implement at least one of them in the next build.
    Dragging buildings is absolutely essencial in a game of this scale and with buildings now adjusting to each other it should be technically very easy to implement. Without it, wall sections (that seem to be actually useful due to their high HP) are almost unusable.
    And with the low yield of the T1 power plant you have to do about 20 unnessecary clicks in the opening alone just to get your economy up.
    Templates would also help this issue as you could at least prepare wall or power plant "rows" or things like turrets with walls around them which atm require excessive micro to produce. Hoping that either one of these gets implemented soon.
  2. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I am pretty sure they said they will be adding dragging.
  3. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Templates too I hope. Really useful in FA, and to not have them would be a step back.
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Templates, I'd imagine, would be very difficult to implement on the spherical maps PA is using...?
  5. veta

veta Active Member

why would it be more difficult compared to supcom? admittedly a very long template could wrap over itself but then it could behave like (partly) unplaceable templates in supcom.
  6. legitlobster

legitlobster Member

Yeah, I don't see that being a problem. After all a template just works as a large building composed of smaller buildings.