Artillery Counter

Discussion in 'Support!' started by retakrew7, July 5, 2013.

1. retakrew7

retakrew7 New Member

I would really like to see an artillery counter, something similiar to the nuke defense only that it shoots down ballistic projectiles.

To balance it I think it would be good for it to shoot at all projectiles except missiles, so that you can confuse it with mobile artillerie.

I also suggest the anti-nuke launcher to counter all missiles (including the catapult projectile).
    I think this would require more strategy to win not only 5 catapults with long range radar.
  2. logon

logon Member

There should exist something like a CRAM which is exactly what you are talking about, Full auto minigun goodness.
  3. irregularprogramming

irregularprogramming Member

Last I heard artillery is the best artillery counter. ;)
  4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

5. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

/internal screaming

There have already been two lengthy discussions on this. The best counter to artillery is 40-60 factories pumping out tanks. Or T2 Bombers. Or Catapults and scouting. Or naval units.

Artillery defense encourages turtling and static gameay, which we already have enough of. So please drop the topic.
  6. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

so.....the counter to artillery is to simply "go forth and kick his ***"? :?
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Also scout it out before it start firing and go forth and kick his ***.

Nicely fits the theme of needing to kick the Commander's *** to win.

Mike
  8. FunkOff

FunkOff Member

Bombing it is probably the best method. He won't have much aa if he's buiilding guns near your base. Also, having your own artillery is handy because it lets you shoot his artillery before he's even done building it.
  9. mushroomars

That will be my battle cry from now on.
  10. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

What about imperfect anti-artillery defenses? They can shoot down shells with a limited sucess rate, and missiles slightly more reliably, but can easily be overwhelmed and consume more energy than the artilery they counter?
  11. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

A Counter for the Catapult would be nice, all the other artillery can easily be countered by building your own, or swarming it with tanks / bombers.

Personally I usually have more problems with people killing my artillery than me needing to counter theirs.
  12. reggina

reggina New Member

13. mushroomars

Catapults are countered by walls, ablative tankblobs, taking out enemy radar, etc. etc. etc.

Two things that really, really, REALLY need a counter are Tankblobs, T2 Bombers and Walls. Okay, three things.
  14. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

unless of course the cheeky bastard already knows which juicy buildings to MANUALLY target with the damn thing. then you've got issues. ESPECIALLY if he starts gunning for your factories.
  15. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

T1 bombers 1 hit T1 artillery. So there is your counter.
  16. mushroomars

Really? T1 Bombers do damage?

I've killed more units with Fireflies than Bumblebees.
  17. NortySpock

NortySpock Member

The counter to tankblobs is T2 tanks, kiting, and your own tankblob. The counter to T2 bombers is air fighters, an even layer of AA units all over, and tall buildings to hide behind.

There is no counter to Walls. That targeting priority really needs to be fixed.
  18. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

I thought T2 bombers could be countered by T1 fighters.

Or at least they should. T2 bombers should be able to outrange T1 AAA, but still be easily intercepted by any kind of fighter.
  19. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Lets not make this call of duty, where the only thing better than a smg is a better player with a smg.

Though we could have anti projectile, radar jamming and spread out units, or make distances more viable to obtain against artillery. It may yet end up with a natural counter as more units are introduced.
  20. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

It is about the only thing I've seen a or used a T1 bomber to kill :lol: