Too many Metal points?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by hygieia, July 5, 2013.

1. hygieia

hygieia New Member

So i've been playing a few games since metal/mex points became active.
    And quite frankly, i hardly notice the difference in actual gameplay.

Sure you need to grab the necessary metal points in the beginning, but after you have a good number and you start replacing the existing extractors with T2 extractors i never saw the point to start fighting over metal points halfway across the planet.

I still notice the same behavior from all players which means that 90% of the fights end up in catapult shoot-outs.

Me personally, i think that if we have LESS metal points then metal really would become a scarcity and totally justifiable to fight over and so overall improving the gameplay experience).

Anyone else shares this opinion?
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Sorry to use the stock standard answer, but it's true: It's still alpha.

They only just implemented metal extractors on metal points, and metal points themselves only a build or two before. It'll take time to tweak the generation system.

(I agree the current amount is too much, but they are certainly aware of this).
  3. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

The number of metal points was increased for the moment until we can get them to spawn more intelligently. We were getting games with metal points only on half of the planet and only near some start points so we just increased the number and distribution until we upgrade the system.
  4. cursy

cursy New Member

5. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Well, the moon biome issue is a different bug... half the planet is missing all of the things. We were hoping that would be fixed with the similar bug of planets sometimes showing as completely bald, but alas it appears to be a different issue entirely.
  6. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Oh, I thought that was a feature that the moon had a totally empty area to make for different gameplay and terrain then other planets.

I kinda liked it. :mrgreen:
  7. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

There are too many mex points but this means you don't need t2 mex at all because you just have to get map control. I have yet to build a t2 mex.

If most of your battles end in catapult shootouts then you probably aren't playing an aggressive, competitive game.
  8. thereagan

thereagan New Member

thats the point, till now, the first who spam the bigger zerg wins.
    and i guess the problem is in metal spots ,

in a ffa4 , i got attacked in the first 5 minutes, while i was still building defences and building my firsts AA vehicles, i lost almost everything and i was trying to replace my loss, but the guy was sending every other new vehicle he made.
    i ended up sending my lonely commander as a suicide bomb at his base.

what i mean, this should be a strategic game, not a "build a zerg and destroy everything"

for sure with the next patches we'll have a balanced game, but playing aggressive shouldn't be the only way to play.
  9. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Next patches? I don't think we'll see anything CLOSE to balanced play until late beta.
  10. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Playing aggressive is fine by me, so long as tankblobbing isn't the only way to do it. Overly defensive play is boring and stagnant, and always results in stalemates involving fartillery wars.
  11. hygieia

hygieia New Member

Yes Alpha is Alpha :)
    But i thought us being in the Alpha version kinda was the whole point of giving feedback of the current version so the devs can fine-tune (with a sledgehammer...) and make the game better.

Anyway, good to see this is already a known issue and is being followed.
  12. thereagan

thereagan New Member

well you can do it only with tanks and planes, since bots are way underpowered and boats require , you know, water.

so it's just find few metal spots, create few factories , t1 first, then t2, spam tanks till the day end , spam some bombers , just you know ... everyone loves flying things . send everything in one direction till they find something to blow up.

having less metal points should be primary for the gameplay, protecting them and conquering others spot should be mandatory.

and i'm not just thinking at the way the game it is right now, but the main purpose of the entire game, conquer other planets , then the entire planetary system.

but yeah, still alpha, but they still need some suggestions from the players, imo.