Delta Commander - is it worth the extra 100$?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zGeneral, July 3, 2013.

1. zGeneral

zGeneral Member

I am so in love with this game. have been playing day and night.
    I would love to get my hands on the Delta Commander when it come out to have the full set of commanders.
    but I was wondering:
    1) Do we have any info about it. special abilities ...etc. will it be worth it?
    2) is it guaranteed that it will only be sold in the "COSMIC DIGITAL EDITION" only. or will it be for like 5$ in a separate DLC in the future. :x . I would hate for this to happen!
  2. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

You tell me. Is he worth $100 to you?

If you think he looks that cool, then yes.
    If you don't think he looks that cool, then no.

He's not "more powerful"... he's just cool looking and has an Uber Cannon (or will come release)

---

As for your DLC concerns, Uber hasn't screwed over the backers/pre-orderers yet but past trends do not always predict future actions. I certainly can't guarantee that Uber won't sell the Delta later on as a standalone payment but that's hardly the point...

The Cosmic Digital Edition is not just the Delta Commander, so they're well within their rights to sell bits of it at the price they deem acceptable.
  3. zGeneral

zGeneral Member

It would be worth it to me if it keeps its price and become a rare item.
    I know that this package offers more, but this is the only thing I want from it.

his cool looking is worth it. but as I said, will it keep its price and stay rare.
  4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

I wouldn't accept Uber's guarantee as unbreakable even if they did give it.

I'd much prefer that Uber makes a great game than allowing me to collect "rare" digital things.

Physical Merch is rare. Digital Merch isn't.
  5. turroflux

turroflux Member

If this game is successful then you'll be easily identifiable as an alpha player. Some people like that idea. For me its more about getting to be in the alpha and help refine the game. The other perks are just that, perks.
  6. molloy

molloy Member

Of course not. The only reason to spend that much is you really want to see the game get made and/or continued to be developed post release.