anyone forming mod groups yet>?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by nicrolyte, June 22, 2013.

1. nicrolyte

nicrolyte New Member

I have worked for a engineering company for the last 7 yaers giving me quite a bit of experience with CATIA v5. I can make anything in catia. but unfortunately games get made with 3d studio max for the most part. some is that how the units and objects for the game are being made? I can fork out so cash to get new software if need be. I also have photoshop CS3 and CS6. nothing is pirated, its all legit software very expencive. lets see ive got acrobat 9 pro extended. all running on win 64bit 7. yeah I don't use it very often but 3d studio is v9. so what will I need to help mod community. is anyone lookin to offload modeling work to a volunteer? and thanks for allowing me to join the alpha guys, spendy yeah but im looking forward to this opportunity so thank you. If you hadn't put it on steam id have never known about it till beta at the earliest. so although theres a lot of negative feed back on steam about the price im very pleased that you decided to do that at any price. otherwise it just whouldnt have gotten the attention it needs. Thank you, Nicrolyte
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

A good place to start looking would probably be this Subforum.

Mike
  3. nicrolyte

nicrolyte New Member

thanks I knew id seen a link to that, I guess im not that good at naving the forums. any forum for that matter. I do have my skills. the quirks of communication is not one of them. problem solving math, and what most refer to as trivial knowledge are my strengths,.
  4. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

RCIX and myself have already started work on a custom faction mod, I've gotten quite a bit of artwork done.

I wouldn't terribly mind another modeler, but I'm very picky about style and inspiration.
  5. mckelio23

mckelio23 New Member

I want to form a mod team to créate a TC mod based on Ceasar IV but on a planet. Basically a city builder with Empire Earth 2 rts elements. Possibly in roman times.
  6. RCIX

RCIX Member

Guess the lid is off =p But I can confirm, and we have... ideas. Can't say design is done because of a bunch of stuff we need to test before we can say either way. But we're working on it.

In other news, uber pls mod tools nao
  7. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

When you say custom faction, do you mean a faction that you guys are creating, or a system to allow people to create their own factions?
  8. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Probably both. We might as well make a system that allows for multiple factions if we're already making a custom faction.
  9. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

Interesting. I look forward to when you feel comfortable about discussing this in more detail. Although I'm only doing some simple UI modding at the moment, I have plans for something a little more ambitious once, I'm a little more familiar with the tools available. These more ambitious plans would require creation of some new UI elements anyway, so it's all good practice for someone unfamiliar with web development tools.

There may be some overlap between what you are doing, and some of the stuff I've started to work on. I look forward to finding out what that is.