Suggestion: Allow Advanced Fabbers to join with Commander

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by eluvatar92, June 29, 2013.

1. eluvatar92

eluvatar92 New Member

In- a former game -you were able to upgrade your commander to the Advanced tech level to allowing him to start higher tech buildings himself (and giving him a building speed boot but that's irrelevant)

what if we allowed and advanced Fabber to Sacrifice itself to give your Commander the ability to build More advanced Structures?
    the benefit to this is it allows commander to build Advanced Structures without having to force him to follow and advanced fabber however it still maintains the same tech requirements to get to advanced tech.

the only thing in question might be how to deal with each type of Advanced Fabber, Say you merge with advanced Air now your commander can build advanced Air, if you want him to be able to build advanced Bot then you need to merge him with an Advanced Bot Fabber.
  2. dustwolf

dustwolf New Member

Re: Suggestion: Allow Advanced Fabbers to join with Commande

So would mergining an air fabber with the commander give the commander an orbiting air fabber, or just somehow become merged into some kind of upgrade?

How would the hitpoints work? Would the upgrade be destroyable without also destroying the commander?
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I don't think we'll see this, for one Uber has already commented on No Upgrades, for two the meta of planned Commander Usage Uber is aiming for means that the Commander doesn't need any T2 build options as it's always building NEW bases on new planets and such.

Mike
  4. eluvatar92

eluvatar92 New Member

my thought was that the Fabber would just sacrifice itself giving it's blueprints to the commander, nothing else. So it would be an upgrade in a sense that it would get destroyed with the commander.

ok not sure if this would fall under the category of upgrade or not due to the different approach than just creating the upgrade without any requirements.

one thing I didn't consider was Building new bases on other planets. But I guess the question is should we be able to make new bases at T2 if we already have it at our home base.
  5. KNight

It's still an Upgrades because the Commander is better afterwards.

But part of the goal is to not make T2 Strictly better, so making T2 right up front is not always the best option.

Mike
  6. Saber2243

Saber2243 New Member

you could start the project with an advanced fabber then tell it to do something else and have the commander finish it :D
  7. eluvatar92

eluvatar92 New Member

that doesn't mean you shouldn't have the option to start with T2 if you want to.
    Last edited: June 30, 2013
  8. KNight

Maybe, it can also mean you don't NEED that option either.

Mike
  9. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Almost what I thought. Just have the commander assist a t2 fab. Boom. Your commander is building t2 stuff. The commander uses 500 net energy to output 30 metal and the adv ground fabs use 3000 energy to output the same, so the way I figure, if you've got the energy infrastructure to support a t2 fabber, assisting with your commander is practically a free way to build twice as fast using that fab!
  10. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Wait a second, does that mean T2 fabs are less efficient than T1 fabs?

SupCom devolution alert. This is bad bad BAD.
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

No, that's not correct. Land fabbers use 1000 energy for every 10 metal they can build with. Normal fabbers can build at a rate of 10, adv. can build at a rate of 30 (so 3000 energy used).

The commander is special. It can build at a rate of 30 for an energy usage of 1500 (twice as efficient).

Air fabricators are only half as efficient, and build slower too. Normal air fabricators build at a rate of 6 for 1200 energy, and adv. aircraft fabbers 18 for 3600 energy.

Sea fabricators are in between, building at a rate of 12 metal for 1900 energy for nomal fabbers and 36 metal for 4200 energy for advanced (faster build speed but more inefficient than land fabricators). Adv. sea fabricators are actually more efficient than normal ones, and have the fastest build rate of any fabber.
  12. eluvatar92

eluvatar92 New Member

wow really? I thought all Fabbers were created equal, good to know.
  13. KNight

If that were the case Air Fabs would be strictly superior in all cases.

Mike
  14. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Ya, I was just talking about raw number energy requirements, not forgetting that the commander gens 1000, so net use is 30 build power for 500 energy (and 20 metal since he produces 10 of those too). T2 pgens might produce 5000, which easily supports any T2 fabber, but the first one you produce would prolly be supported with T1s.

2 T1 land/bot fabbers would need 3 T1 pgens and 3 mexes to produce constantly. Your commander needs the same 3 mexes, but only 1 pgen (and actually builds 10 metal/s faster)

A single T2 land/bot fabber would need at least 4 mexes, and 4 pgens. If you take the +1 metal, +200 energy from the commander+"his" mex/pgens you end up at balanced energy and -1 metal/s.

I know, numbers, tl/dr, but basically at this point if you wanna "upgrade" your commander to build T2 units (and have increased build speed to boot), the cost is 4 mex, 4 pgen, and 1 T2 land/bot fabber.

EDIT: sometime today I really gotta edit out godde's spreadsheet to just list mex/gen requirements. And maybe add things like radars. And maybe build times?

I am getting way to number crunchy with this game LOL omnomnom :ugeek:
  15. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Why are boats getting shafted? They need metal just as much, if not more than anything on land.
  16. ninnamin

ninnamin Member

How are they getting shafted? They have the fastest build rates, which makes sense since ships need more metal than any other unit type.

...I think I just got ninja'd, lol
  17. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

I read this thread and was thinking of a voltron approach lol
  18. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

<insert "it can be modded" excuse here>
  19. cobycohodas

cobycohodas Member

There was a bug in OTA that allowed you to select commander and adv con unit and through a process of joint selecting/deselecting you could give the commander the ability to build those units.