PA Alpha Build: 50240

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 29, 2013.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Pretty please for next build?

Attached Files:

• qma.PNG
      qma.PNG
      File size:
      56.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Memanoth

Memanoth New Member

3. pudeldestodes

pudeldestodes Member

LOOOOOVE this build, love the new armies.

just had this epic battle with 59thcaboose ltsmash,darkefrye soldans and feussy.

darke and myself almost got extinguished at the beginning but were able to recover and turn the match into our favor.

this game already makes so much fun!!! thanks uber!!! this game will be awsome !!!
  4. fimpish

fimpish New Member

Honestly, I like the ability to select my teammates commander. I had one teammate who left halfway through the game and I would've been totally screwed if I couldn't move his commander around.

It's also useful if your teammate's Commander is in precarious territory and they're focusing on something else.
  5. FireDrakeX

FireDrakeX Member

It would be better then to allow you to select your teammate's commander, but not with the C hotkey.
  6. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

5 vs 5, 4-10 FPS, 30+ facs... Simulation terminated after 30 minutes. FUN! Im a masochist, lol.
  7. osirus9

osirus9 Member

Love the new ghosts of enemy building and the pole markers. I no longer get turned upside down when rotating around the planet!

Also I just did a 2v2, the game hung on starting, PA crashed, then I reconnected and just had 2 commanders 5 minutes in lol. Somehow managed to scrape a win too lmao.

During that game I built some T1 and T2 artillery emplacements but no matter what I did they refused to fire. Tried attack ground, targeting enemy buildings with radar coverage and LoS. I also had my T2 artillery tanks not auto fire properly, sometimes they'd attack, other times they would just sit there and look at the bots blowing them up with utter apathy to their own slow demise.

Anybody else have their artillery installations refuse to attack anything?
  8. MajorCyto

MajorCyto New Member

Seems like the ninja patch last night fixed the constant lobby crashing so thats good, thanks!
  9. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Last night was pretty touch and go. I hate having to hotfix but sometimes **** is just broken.
  10. cosmoray

cosmoray New Member

Agreed.
  11. whisperr

whisperr Member

Yes, this is very annoying. C hotkey should only select "my" commander.
  12. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Definitely love the way scouting can really work now. Building ghosts are pretty sweet. Send out a few scouts, and when/if you hear the warning bell, see what it used to see.

My only concern is that it makes chronocam unnecessary(ish).

Not sure how I feel about commander radar.
  13. deso88

deso88 Member

Not at all. I still use it to see how stuff died. I never used it for scouting. Way too fiddly for that. It is a replay feature.
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Also, only structures leave ghosts.
  15. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

it would be great if a thumbnail view of the scout's sight popped up when one of them spots an enemy. Or maybe just a notification tab, blinking red on the boarder, and you can click it to pop out a thumbnail, which you can click to swat to full screen, popping what you previously were viewing into a thumbnail
  16. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Does it really matters if C is for every com? Later on I did not known which com is mine, lol.
  17. FireDrakeX

FireDrakeX Member

It doesn't really matter if both are in the same place, but if your com is in your base and the other come is far away and building something, and then you hit C and give a move order, the other commander will drop whatever he was doing and start moving. Imagine if it were your commander, you gave him a build order, and then "randomly" he started walking to the other guy's base. You'd be annoyed, right?

That's why C should only select your commander.
  18. deso88

deso88 Member

Performance improved quite a bit for me. Having up to 70 fps on some planets where I only had 20 before. Using a HD5870 and a generic quad core @4GHz. Good job.
  19. k3n58

k3n58 Member

any notes for .50256?
  20. niezlomnypejczyk

niezlomnypejczyk New Member

50256 is hotfix for 50240.