Been loving this game, but...

Discussion in 'Support!' started by robtotheb, June 30, 2013.

1. robtotheb

robtotheb New Member

The latest update with teams and resource sharing plus a stronger commander has somewhat ruined my play experience over the last 2 days.

This isn't meant to be a flame or trolling so try not to call me a f*g, unlike certain players of this game like to do when I express similar opinions during play (usually while they are walking their commander into my base after 3min of play). Remember kids this isn't xbox live!

1. The player doesn't auto lose when their commander explodes so players are just rushing with them and their new gun which is pretty powerful. They then just let them detonate in your base you lose everything and they lose only their commander. I really hope this is a temporary game mechanic?!!

2. No way to know where your team mates are going to spawn. I've had multiple games where I'm surrounded by 2 or 3 commanders on the same team and my allies are on the other side of the planet. Kind of makes for a short one sided game!

3. I'm having more trouble finding a game to play now everyone is waiting for these larger matches. Not sure there are enough players in the EU to warrant larger teams just yet. Also not many people want to play FFA any more.

4. Having an ally to watch over on the far side of your planet is disorienting, I constantly get confused on what base is mine and spend most of my time hitting the N key to figure out which way is up.

Some positives to end on. The graphics are lovely, even at this early stage and I still love the FFA experience.
    Last edited: June 30, 2013
  2. LegionDarrath

LegionDarrath Member

I think it's pretty safe to say the whole team play thing is still in it's infancy and all these issues will be addressed as the game develops.

Though when playing with multiple people in one army you should forget about things like "your" base and "my teammates' bases" since you are fully in control of a single army. Of course simply grabbing a bunch of tanks that are sitting around might ruin somebody else's plan but if you don't communicate with your team then that's hardly the game's fault.
  3. veta

veta Active Member

This. I found in starcraft the best approach was a division of labor. One player handles base management/production while another handles units. In a bigger game this could be further subdivided with dedicated navy and air players.
  4. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

There is an option to lock North in the settings.
  5. robtotheb

robtotheb New Member

Ooo nice, will be turning that on! Thanks
  6. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Agreed. I'd like to see the next few builds makes it so each player has an individual commander and kamakazi play will throw you into spectator, and maybe destroy everything that individual built within a certain amount of time ago. That way building a small base while your commander goes to die doesn't help your team, but late game commander kills don't blow up everything if you've had one guy on mex/gens, another on army, ect.

Also, deterring early commander suicide gives you time to solidify defense against mid game commander harrass when one or two commanders could suicide and leave resources for the remaining player.
  7. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I think have players that can use what you´r doing and think to game its not the right way to play this game.
    When im play i like doing and have control off all, won´t like some 1 use my stuffs on the rong way.
    I just don´t like this option sry.
    I totaly agreed with robtotheb,and understood his feeling.
  8. SleepWarz

SleepWarz Active Member

How do you communicate with your team without a teamchat option? Not considering voice chat options.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

the current teamgame-mode isnt meant to be played with random people. Throwing random people into a game with control over a single army will never work.
  10. RCIX

RCIX Member

Previous iterations of this kind of RTS have traditionally had at least some blowback against fixing this on similar grounds as leaving in zerg rushes. That's a big discussion I'd rather not derail your thread with though =p
  11. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

True enough. Maybe an option to have your army individual, but aligned, or open to the team is a solution.

Then you could have random people, but keep control of your army unless you choose to share it. Team chat channels would solve much of the communication, and maybe even a spotting/player given objective system.

The option would also let you join a game with people you know, as a team, share all your stuff, and have people assigned to different tasks.

Having team-join, and random-join games separate could be a thing, just so one team can't just roll right over another because of serious organization. As for resource sharing, I think there was another thread on it...... so I won't clutter this up more than I have.
  12. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

Or everyone can just wait for Alliances to come out. Which is a more normal team versus mode where each player has their own commander, economy, and armies. This game mode is specifically just 1 army with 3 players all simultaneously controlling it. Half the suggestions about how to make the shared armies team mode better boil down to "we want our own armies" which everyone will get eventually.
  13. shandlar

shandlar Member

Integrated Clan support is confirmed as well. So there will still be plenty of ways to play these epic new 'share' team games while still being able to just pick up a 'random' team. Just combine it with a clan, then just find random team mates among your clan to play with.
  14. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

This option its not on my mind i don´t like it!
    Have try 3 games all agreed was total disaster.Not talk 1 game my acu drop on a hole never come back again to surface:)
    But the other 2 games we play 5v5 i don´t now maybe in future with right options will be fun ,but only agreed with 5v5 with eatch 1 control his own stuffs not the all team ,that is a total confusion when a player moove units to right and other pick same units and moove to left,just don´t work!
  15. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

Just wait for the alliances game mode (each player has their own commander, eco, units, but have shared vision[hopefully] and work together with individual control).

With the unit selection they need to add in a UI feature that shows when an ally is selecting units. In Starcraft the border around selected units was dotted when an ally had them selected and when you also selected them the solid line selection would appear AROUND the dotted lines. This would help a lot with that. (Yes SC1 and SC:BW had a shared armies mode that no one played)
  16. Gryttakoff

Gryttakoff New Member

FYI. Do not have your base near one of the poles. The camera movements gets really awkward around the poles.
  17. robtotheb

robtotheb New Member

Interesting, will give it a try. Cheers
  18. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

Teamwork is a skill.
    Armies is a fantastic mode when you communicate (could really use team chat soon HINT HINT HINT ;) )
    I had fantastic rounds with fun players. Gives alot of "heck-ya" moments when we collaborate.
    If you spend too much time worrying about "your stuffs" then you need to work on Teamwork skills.
    Alliance mode will be implemented soon, its just not a groundbreaking feature worth getting alpha feedback on at the moment.

cheers
  19. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

You are right sir. Although I've only done this myself once. My cooperative player was very good on helping me build an economy but didn't lead an attack once. So I took the role upon myself and wiped out 2 commanders. Sadly he also didn't build more then 3 factories. He/She did his part on keeping them producing but when I've got 15 factories and they've got 3. I'm gonna lead the army into battle because I made most of em
  20. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

Exaaaaaactly!
    If one player appears to like building but you notice they are lacking in offensive force.
    Start organizing the units instead. Do you see he is building T2 power? Send your un-used commander and help him out. Are there forces rolling onto the enemies left side and yours are still at home? Assist in flanking or help defend the home front from a retaliation.
    I love this mode.