Comm Bombing

Discussion in 'Support!' started by mushroomars, June 29, 2013.

1. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Okay, it's officially stupid. First game I played in 50240 a guy just walked his comm into my base and detonated. Afterwards his buddy rolled his army of tanks into my base, steamrolling on to my partner's base who had decided it would be a good idea to rush T1 bombers. It wasn't so bad in supcom because you lost your entire army with your Commander, same goes for TA, but it is a MAJOR problem when you keep your entire army after a comm bomb.
  2. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Pretty pathetic of people to do this kinda stuff. One thing that will help is balancing the health of the commander vs how much the death nuke does. The death nuke in FA would only kill another commander if he has less than 2000 (i think) health.
  3. zGeneral

zGeneral Member

off-topic. the spider pic in mushroomars post reminded me of the speedy suicidal spiders units that self-detonate in TA. are we going to have something like them in PA?
  4. impulsecloud

impulsecloud New Member

The real way to fix that is to start farther away, reduce Comm speed (needed imo) and have better comm radar to know when someone is early comm bomb rushing, then you can send one commander to duke it out with him and Double KO so your other commander can keep building. Theoretically, if he spent time walking to your base, it was time he wasn't spending building early resources and you should have a resource lead, as long as he didn't get too far in and damage economy even worse. Plus whatever res he built would be less well-defended by comm. If it's after the 7min mark or so, it's just an error in proper scouting. Though without a minimap, it can be hard to keep all flanks visible while viewing a 3D sphere.
  5. cursy

cursy New Member

How about another solution:

If you delete your commander, it just doesn't go nuke. Instead he just deactivates without doing any damage.

Commander only goes nuke when hit by projectiles or laser beams, because they penetrate his armor and the fusion core of the commander becomes unstable. :mrgreen: And when you hit delete the commander just shuts down and his core is safe ;)
  6. macbernick

macbernick New Member

If an ennemy commender is sent in your base, it will most likely be destroyed by your turrets/army.
  7. Sherrif

Sherrif Member

If I ever bomb somebody out with a commander, I wouldn't press delete. I try to get him to do as much damage as possible with his guns first. So disabling delete would only prolong the destruction of your base, or make it worse. Especially since the alternative to him self destructing is forcing him to walk around your base shooting until you kill him, "THEN" big boom.
  8. Ralith

Ralith Member

If you're getting com bombed it's because you don't have enough scouts, patrols, or radar to see him coming, and even a basic set of defensive turrets will kill a com before he can get close enough to do more damage than you can recover from. Not to mention that it only takes a basic army to take one out.
  9. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

What about substituting the commander's death nuke with a feedback pulse?
    IE: When a commander dies, the command interface/link overloads and will only stun and or kill friendly units?
  10. Gardentwine

Gardentwine Member

well from what you saying the person doing this is not really a
    <backer of this game> at all, s/he just wants to anger the community

perhaps later they will put in place Friends/Blacklist Players system but that's more beta - release issue, if only Alpha testers behaved< :?
  11. ephoscus

ephoscus Member

Delete on a commander should teleport all your team commanders to their start locations and then detonate them all. Hence it really is "Throwing in the towel" but for the team.

As for walking a commander in to the base, well that will always be the case, base defense should be set to be enough that at just in firing range to enemy commander, base defense survives the detonation. That should deter enough.