Nukes crashing into terrain obstacles

Discussion in 'Support!' started by nuendo, June 27, 2013.

1. nuendo

nuendo New Member

Not sure if intended, thought I would give you a hint about about, you can see a picture from the situation here:

even targeting far behind that mountain it would still crash into it.
    Pay attention this is no bug report, its simply a constructive question :)

Offtopic:
    I also discovered while playing that alot of the metal spots for mex (in the future I guess) appear on places that you can't build on, like very close to gaps, crevasses or even close to high terrain obstacles.
    They do look very nice and are much easier to spot than previous ones.

Attached Files:

2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

It is working exactly as intended, there would be an issue if nucks went through terrain.

Mike
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

the best case would be if nukes would fly above the terrain, though.
    :lol:
  4. KNight

Well if you want to argue semantics I suppose! ;p

Mike
  5. fierceseaman

fierceseaman New Member

If you are technologically advanced enough to have nuclear weapons then the guidance systems for those missiles should be technologically advanced enough to execute routine terrain following / guidance.
  6. jumpinjezza

jumpinjezza New Member

As they have said that nukes are only barely done i would expect this to be fixed at the same time they add actual damage to them :)
  7. turroflux

turroflux Member

Seriously?

Its obvious nukes are going to go up into the atmosphere and then down over the target, what did you think if you spawned on a mountain planet with valleys you were going to be nuke proof? Nope.
  8. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Seeing as they only do one damage I'm guessing Uber is still testing out nukes.
  9. toorvis

toorvis Member

didn't nukes hit terrain in supcom? I'm not sure they did on any map in Forged Alliance or SupCom but in SupCom 2 I'm pretty sure they hit the mountain on the Volcano map.. Might be me imagining things though..

ยจ~ Chris
  10. KNight

But the fact is that the Nuck is FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY, you can select a target, it flies along a certain course and detonates when it comes into contact with something.

My understanding is that SupCom/FA Nucks would detonate on impacting terrain, there was just never any terrain that would intercept Nucks like the volcano map you mention from SupCom2.

Mike
  11. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Yeah, that shouldn't happen.
  12. ferigad

ferigad Member

Tacticel nukes regulare hit obstacles like mountains, ridges etc... in supcom and sc: forged alliance. (the ones that was shooted by a upgraded UEF commander from his tactical backpack)

On the other hand strategic nukes made a ballistic approach in that games (SC/SC:FA/SC2). I guess these nukes from your screen will get a ballistic profile somewhere on the road of devolop them further.
    Last edited: June 28, 2013
  13. Rentapulous

Rentapulous Member

My very favorite moment ever playing FA was when I had a small satellite base being attacked by a czar, panic firing my nuke stored there for fear that I wouldn't get to use it only to see the nuke hit the czar on the way up, destroying my base and all enemy units as well.

That's not actually a point I'm making, it was just awesome and it came to mind.
  14. ascythian

ascythian Member

You should probably be aware of your missiles trajectories.

Or maybe be made aware with a trajectory line possibly?
  15. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

If this is still happening best to post it into the bugs depository.That way issues can be worked on.And in my opinion I think nukes should auto avoid obstacles So i think it might be a bug.