What can we do for the backers?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by neutrino, June 17, 2013.

1. veta

veta Active Member

crowd sourcing the production of a project like this would create a lot of problems
  2. kin0025

kin0025 New Member

Maybe a video of part of your documentary or exclusive music or something...... I don't know.
  3. Nahtonaj

Nahtonaj Member

Perhaps not posting "secret" stuff but perhaps posting teasers for upcoming updates.

Such as new units being worked on, how orbital units are coming along, the metal planet. In other words, post what the developers are brainstorming over. COLLABORATE! :D Yes! collaborate with those people who helped back the game and helped make it with their money. So now continue it by bouncing ideas off them and allowing them to help out even more! Collaboration is the best for creativity and problem solving! And you have a whole community!

It will drastically help create a more excited feeling among backers and make them feel like they contributed and helped make the game even more. Post an idea, a thought, a problem. Let us mull and think it over!
  4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Ehhh... I don't trust most of those 40,000 people to work on a game. I'd rather let UberEnt work on the game; they're professionals.
  5. v41gr

v41gr Member

perhaps you could make a dev diary; just like for castle story or stonehearth. like that we (us backers) could comment more details of the game developpement.

Some things that could be revealed: details on color of units; size of planets; IA and others things...

btw i think that Uberent Team has made a wonderful work :)
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

It's not done yet!
  7. nuendo

nuendo New Member

Oh I thought it was. My bad, I could also just have patience, I think they are included if you preordered the cosmic pack.
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Well we've been doing that the entire time. Plenty of things in the game are different based on feedback.

Honestly though at this point we have far more things to execute and we aren't spending a lot of time brainstorming. Most of what we have to do at the moment is execution where we don't need ideas, we need time.

In addition a lot of decisions need to be made fairly quickly so it's best to make the decision and then release the result of it and get feedback that way.
  9. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

I would really love to see at least a single informative post about your plans about intelligence in PA.

Right now it appears like you are going to stick with the SupCom system for now, but there are several new threads on that topic every week in the various subforums. Most of them include valid concerns about the usability of the system. Even a "We are aware of the issues, but have other priorities right now." would be a legit response.

But it's not only about intelligence, there are also some other topics which clearly haven't been completely thought through yet, at least thats the impression.
    However, the forum users can't know. It's unclear where you already have plans, but not enough time to implement them, where you are still open for input or where you are not even aware about the existence of an issue.

We had this topic: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=44950
    It was quite helpful (at least as long as it was maintained, a few entries are outdated, e.g. Steam support, and some new suggestions are missing), since it gave a good impression what could be expected, what not and what was still to be discussed. But thats only true for the topics which have been put into "Confirmed/Implemented" or "Will not be present" state.
    About half of the topics remained in "Unconfirmed" or even "Suggestion" state and having to wait for an specific feature to be implemented (e.g. to find it in the change log) is not exactly a satisfying type of feedback.
    Getting some frequent feedback on change of plans regarding the contents of that list would already help a lot. (Not to mention that it would help to reduce the clutter on the forums as it help to focus on the relevant topics instead of always rewarming features which are just awaiting implementation despite the lack of feedback.)

No offense, I know that you all are quite busy right now, but the quality of communication has decreased a lot.

Statements are split among at least 4 different platforms (these forums, Steam forums, reddit, twitter, several blogs, maybe even a few interviews I haven't found yet), we have 3 sub forums with almost identical contents here (public, backer and alpha forum, all three are abused for bug reports, suggestions, chatting and other stuff (seriously, PLEASE split suggestions, bug reports and general discussion into separate forums! Maybe even add a moderated forum where only members of your team can create new topics so you can post feedback (replies open to all) and it WON'T be buried in spam.) and it's getting more difficult by every day to find ANY useful informations, leave alone legit feedback on your plans.

Just stumbled by accident about the Twitter post which announced that you successfully managed to set up a working 10 player game...
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I think you're setting your expectations a bit high. Uber do not have a dedicated PR person. Every time a dev posts or views the forum is time that is not spent developing the game. As it is, the amount of communication they are doing is excellent, as is the rapid pace of development.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I fully agree with raevn, the quality of communication is just fine. I.e. the latest build has these performance issues and quickly after we start to complain in the patch thread pinbender answers directly to it.
  12. cobycohodas

cobycohodas Member

Problem is people get used to a certain level of access to the devs- any fluctuation down and people's sense of entitlement kicks in and they complain.
  13. veta

veta Active Member

Ah, well at least the hand chosen moderators are happy with the level of communication ;).

To be fair I agree, the communication has been fine and I have no expectation of livestreams or devs commenting on my every post. Nor should anyone else when they understand that the devs already comment on what they can and any time spent making livestreams or analyzing forum nonsense could be spent doing their work.
    Last edited: June 28, 2013
  14. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Actually,

I am surprised they even find the time to communicate so much with us... when they should be hammering code into the game... lol
  15. neutrino

Given the amount of hours I put into the community I hope so.
  16. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

The devs have said that at this point it is all about execution. Given that they were so bold as to set deadlines. My thinking is they are focusing more on meeting the deadlines, and using new builds as their main means of communication.

I think the irony of this discussion is if it was the other way around, ie lots of talk and few builds people would complain too. I don't think they can win.
  17. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Yes, that is what I am wondering about, I mean you are omni present, not only you, many others from Uber as well and the day has only 24 hours.

Just take care of Uber, not that there will be divorces cause the wives never saw their husbands again...lol
    Last edited: June 29, 2013
  18. neutrino

Several of us have basically put the rest of our lives on hold for the game. I've been super focused on it since before the KS started. That's what it takes to put something like this together this quickly and on a small budget. Next year I'm going to relax more ;)
  19. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Yeah... sure. ;)
  20. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

You can relax while we work our assess off to make the game the most glorious piece of magnificence that has ever appeared in the gaming community.

If it doesn't, well.. then I blame Garat.