whats the best way, and class to use to take out turrents?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by nocturne_saint, January 7, 2011.

1. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

I would like to know how all you pro's like to take down enemy turrents.
    What class do you use? what skills?
    also, do you have a certian endorsement setup especially for taking out turrents?

Discuss!
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The best way is a juiced Assassin.
  3. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

juiced assassin paired up with maybe a gunner passive 3, you know, for maps like grenadeiii arena.

no endorsements required really
  4. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

Juiced assassin can take out 2-4 turrets easy.

Gunner with high ROF can really wreck the starter turrets early game in a few clips of the mortar (I love doing that). Once is level 3 it can wreck most in 2-3 shots and a missile turret in a clip as long as no one is trying to play grab *** with you.
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Gunner is the best. Level 3 split mortar takes down turrets very fast, and he can do it at long range without requiring juice.

Juiced assassins and tanks are the next best.

For more turret-busting strategy, see here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5301
  6. MrRedDragon

MrRedDragon New Member

The support's air-strike is a favorite option of mine; just toss the beacon, get to cover, and see a chunk of turret health disappear :lol:

Hacking an enemy turret as a support can be fun, but a bit difficult to pull off.
  7. grimbar

grimbar New Member

1. Pick Assassin
    2. Know what to do with it
    3. Get juice in less than 2 minutes
    4. ?????
    5. Profit
  8. Goose

Goose Active Member

Because Assassins are always juiced correct?

It really depends on your class. Some just really suck at a taking down turrets when they aren't juiced. Tanks can rip through them without juice but only from extremely close rangers, Supports are only as good as their Airstrike cooldown when it comes down to turrets, Gunner's mortar is a very good anti turret weapon, Assault Grenade launcher is decent but it takes forever imo. I'm not positive on assassins but i'm pretty sure you should only attempt to take them out when Juiced. Snipers are heavily map reliant.
  9. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Unguarded lower level turrets can be taken out by a smoke bomb and the katana
  10. Mavajo

Mavajo New Member

I like using the Assault. Just lob grenades in from long distance. Or you can even bounce the grenades around a corner to take out a turret. Plus, the collateral AOE from the exploding nades will sometimes get you a player kill - especially if you're taking out a Firebase.

The only major danger is having an assassin sneak up on you while you're at it.
  11. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

I don't know if it's the best, but I love taking them out with Gunner Level 3 Passive.
    It's brutal.
  12. Tomas

Tomas New Member

Yeah, I always go gunner and only level his passive on the big open maps. The round usually ends before I can afford anything else, and his other skills don't really contribute much to taking down turrets.
    While juiced he can take down turrets with 1-2 shots from a ridiculous range (and can lob the mortars over creep and players without much trouble), the only downside is his lack of speed which makes him a bit prone to grapples.

On the really open maps it's not uncommon that a gunner can win the round during the first creep wave, depending on how far away the opposing team is once the shields go down.
  13. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Assassins can take the spawn rocket turrets in the first 20 seconds of the game with just the dagger and smoke bomb. Gunner is the safest both juiced and non juiced with mortar 3.

Tanks are great for team pushes against turrets. Especially with product 3.
  14. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

Triple Mortar with Gunner is my favorite way.
  15. Flonne

Flonne New Member

Pick Assassin
    Run around aimlessly killing bots
    Juice
    Kill Turrets
    Dead pub.
  16. Rammite

Rammite New Member

Assault: You suck at taking out turrets. You can slowly Grenade it to death, but you're better off killing Pros.

Tank: Level 2-3 Product Grenade to stun the turret, Jetgun away. Railgun if you can't get close enough.

Support: Airstrike. Follow up with Shotgun point-blank if it is distracted or stunned.

Gunner: Mortars.

Assassin: Cloak in, Smokebomb to stun, Dagger/Sword slash. If you cannot get close enough, fire Shurikens from a distance.

Sniper: Flak, followed with scoped Sniper Rifle fire (scoping in doubles damage)

This is just a general idea. Feel free to change and conform to the situation at hand, and remember that Juice makes you deal 3 times normal damage.
    Last edited: January 8, 2011
  17. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

:facepalm:

don't minigun a base turret, ever

though it does do well against firebases for some reason
  18. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Same goes for the Assault's rifle as opposed to his Grenade Launcher. (about taking about firebases)
  19. Tomas

Tomas New Member

Heh I remember trying to minigun before I knew about mortars. I would get double minis, pop juice, deploy at point blank in front of a rockit turret or something, and offload my entire ammo mule clip, and it took the turret down by maybe 10%. That's when I rage-tabbed-out to check what my options were and learned about the mortars.
  20. Warskull

Warskull New Member

I think you need at least silver health or RoF to pull that off (which all assassins should have.) I'm not 100% sure the default assassin can pull it off. Something worth noting for new players.