question: Mods Modified / Approved Flag

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Gardentwine, June 27, 2013.

1. Gardentwine

Gardentwine Member

I was wondering if you are going to go down the same lines as Egosoft X3 and the way they support mods using the flag modified, so no achievements can be earned while using unapproved mods, and are you going to also make a approved Mod bonus packs.
    Last edited: June 27, 2013
  2. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Re: question: Mods flag as Modified (deactivate achievement

Thats...kinda a dumb idea O-o

That would kinda discourage people from using new mods.

But I can see an achievement system that can actually encourage modding :)
  3. Gardentwine

Gardentwine Member

So you are alright with people using cheats and game breaking mods then, and have the stats and achievements a bunch of lies.
    NO! :x is my answer to that and I sure countless others People would agree!

If your alright in allowing mods for cheat and stat exploiting this game will get Stale fast, just like all the other countless games that allow it.

I would like to know if I'am playing good hard earning player ;) or a cheat that mess with mods to lie about he/she status.. :x

and the answer is to police these types of mods with a modified/Approved Flag
  4. LegionDarrath

LegionDarrath Member

Will there even be achievements? I mean, why do we *need* achievements?
  5. Gardentwine

Gardentwine Member

Perhaps! I placed this post in the wrong part of this forum, its seems I not getting good response at all with this question... even though is a very valid one
  6. menchfrest

menchfrest Active Member

'badges' have been mentioned as a possibility, but it's likely far from implemented at this point.

I would rather see this as being a case by case basis, so mods could included their own badges/achievements if they want, or have some like "install a mod", etc.
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The whole point of the mod system being incorporated is that teh Game itself knows up from down when it comes to mods, I don't see why it wouldn't know if you're playing with Mods or not.

As to whether it is needed to lock out certain features if mods are running is dependent on the features in question.

Mike
  8. Gardentwine

Gardentwine Member

ok you kind of answered the Modified question, if the engine would know if its a mod running or not, and hopefully stop cheating or exploiting in its tracks!!.

The other question is if Uber will select a (Script/extensions) that fit well into, and does not destroy the balance, of the game.

The scripts will therefore be signed and works with the base game as Part of Free DLC
    allow more people to (Trust) the mods in question.
  9. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Ugh, Achievements.

How about just no. We can have an achievements mod! How about that.

"You got an achievement! Your Commander took his first baby steps! Congratulations! You win! You re the best person ever!"
  10. comham

comham Active Member

This is pretty much why battlefield modding died at Battlefield 2. A horrible shame.

Afaik PA won't have cheevos anyway. They're superfluous pavlovian crap.
  11. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Ignoring the whole should we even have achievements question, yes there should be a flag to disable earning them while running server-side mods.

I think mods should disable achievements entirely. None of the get developer's blessing rubbish. Uber will get snowed under by people requesting that their mod gets attention. Then on top of that, what do you do with patches to the mods? Do you blindly assume that the modder hasn't patched stuff in to unlock things, or do you make Uber recheck every mod on every patch?