Overhealing benefit for Support

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Galaxy010, January 5, 2011.

1. Galaxy010

Galaxy010 New Member

Personally, I think that Supports should get assist points and money for kills if they overhealed a pro that got that kill to at least 50-75%. It would give Supports more incentive to actually use their Heal Gun rather than go "ONLYUSEmeFIREBASE" on the enemy. Even if it's not the full $15 for the assist, maybe just $10, just something to encourage Supports to overheal more. The similar would work liek what Medic in TF2 does, where he gets assists for the kills his Heavy gets.
  2. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Like it ;)
  3. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

4. Richy Woo

Richy Woo New Member

Its so sad we live in a world where people require cash incentive to help their fellow teammates.

But we do live in that world - so consider this idea CO-SIGNED!!!!
  5. mute

mute New Member

It's not just about incentive, its a way to make up for the nerfs by giving the Support a way to make money. If they want to force and pigeon hole him into that role, it should be rewarded.
    Last edited: January 6, 2011
  6. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

I have no problem making enough money as a Support.
  7. mute

mute New Member

You do if you're playing another team with any drop of skill that won't allow you to place your FB near the bot lanes. Warding people off is no longer a skill the Suppor can afford. You're also 9 out of 10 times the only one buying turrets. Upgrading your skills, buying turrets, limited income = issue.

Don't get me started though, if you want to try and debate that the Supports income rate can be anywhere remotely close to the other pros, you're just lying to yourself.
  8. Galaxy010

Galaxy010 New Member

Yeah, getting money as a Support is impossible if the enemies are smart/good enough to kill your Firebase. I think assist for overhaling is a good solution, solves the money problem and makes Supports overheal more. Cause nothing is more annoying than right sticking in front of a Support to get him to overheal you and he just keeps on healing his full health Firebase.
  9. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

I still have no problem making enough money to accomplish MVP half of the time with a Support, regardless of the skill on the team. Actually, the worse my team is, the more money I get.

Plus, you can taunt with firebase kills. In other words, 7 out of 10 kills you make, you can taunt in complete safety.

Also, I almost never buy turrets. Turrets and my support builds don't go well together.
  10. AtomGone

AtomGone New Member

I'm for it to encourage Supports to heal, that's mostly it. though I dunno about actually calling it an "assist", since that could affect leaderboards and such. How about a boost?
  11. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

12. Galaxy010

Galaxy010 New Member

^It doesn't matter if yuo can get money easy as a Support or not. The thing is that nobody ever overheals in a pub unless you're playing with friends. They refuse to do it just because it doesnt give them any score. Why overheal pros when you can just go stay by your Firebase the whole game?
  13. mute

mute New Member

no delete button.