PA Alpha Build: 50000

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 25, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

why? let the player decide if he wants a wall of factories or not. No need to force him to anything.
  2. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

The goal with all this long term is to provide the most flexibility for base layout while still doing everything to provide reliable, intelligent pathfinding for units. If you box in a build by making a bunch of stuff around him.. well, that's your decision. If your units get messed up simply trying to build 20 power gens. that's a big problem. New build that's coming sometime soon should tune wall buffer, energy plant and metal extractor buffers.. once we get those nailed down, we'll start to figure out the buffers for the other structures.
  3. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

Good point, I just want protection from my bad choices. Although it's not easy to tell which side of the factory units will come out of. Which has caused problems for me because I though they would be coming out the other way. (Why are there even two ramps if only one gets used?)
  4. garat

Units come out the side close to their rally point. If you haven't set one, it's on whichever defaulted side. Rule of thumb - as soon as your factory starts to build, set a rally point. ;-) Problem solved.
  5. Grimseff

Grimseff Member

You heard the man. :) That's how it is with other games that feature buildings with multiple exits. Mainly SupCom and Total Annihilation... Of course. :lol:
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

The Sheller & Stomper got far bigger buffs. Splash damage stacks with normal damage, so they now do 1200/800 (up from 600/400) damage to their primary targets.
  7. garat

This was always the intended damage. The reason advassbot was so weak before was a typo. :/
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

The Assault bot turns to the adv. Assault bot and says "Hey, don't be stealing my ammo!"
    :p
  9. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

we need an advanced *** bot
  10. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

That hasn't been the case for me. I've had guys walk into a wall and then get stuck trying to walk around the factory to get to the rally point on the other side.

This might be one of the many pathing bugs that popped up in v50 though.
  11. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Ya, need some love on the "kicking out of placement mode" that happens with shift, and now with building collision.
  12. donaber

donaber New Member

I do believe you have stumbled upon a gold mine, great idea.
  13. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'm sorry. All I took from that was *** Bot.
  14. spookydonut

spookydonut Member

You need to set a rally point before starting to build, or the first unit builds facing the default direction.
  15. jacoby6000

jacoby6000 Member

Is it just me, or are air fabbers way too weak? I sent out a team of them to go build a second base, and they all got killed by a single scout plane. One shot from the scout would kill them.
  16. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

I usually set a bunch of combat units to "assist" my commander if I send him outside. Maybe try the same with your fabbers? The combat units should simply follow the fabber, defending when something comes along. Maybe even add a scout to increase sight range of your pack?
  17. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

Ahh so that's what I did wrong.