PA Alpha Build: 50000

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 25, 2013.

1. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Awww yes, some more welcome changes. No more building on top of each other! I also like the particle effect for indicating start spots, and the metal spots look good too.

The thick white outline is kind of weird for the strat icons. How do you plan to indicate which units are selected at a strategic level? In supcom it was indicated with a white outline I believe.

EDIT: Hey! The artillery bot was changed (and I'm assuming others). The firing arc is SOOOO much better, awesome change.
  2. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Wow, the review game thing is so cool. I love the back 10 seconds button. It is so nice to see what happened!!! Loving it! :)
  3. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

damn i have a serious PROBLEM :roll: to report!

this game is getting polished and so good, so fast with every build, that i think everything is a joke or fake or i am still dreaming an "inception" or something like that!

no way to be real! :shock:

just wanted to report that. :mrgreen: :lol:

thanks goes to developers and all of us you report issues and help this game in anyway we can! thank you all. ;)
  4. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

+1 to dark icon improvement. Still think that you need to use the secondary color as the border! still hoping for persistent radar circles too :mrgreen:

^ YES. Love that they're raised, and definitely show up better than just the decals, but glowing still needs to be a thing!

Mostly agreed. Gens seem fine tbh, but walls are kinda sparse. Here's a pic with gens and walls placed as close as possible. Kudos to not being able to stack anymore!

Attached Files:

5. crystaline109

crystaline109 Member

you can still stack buildings, but only two on top of eachother. while setting buildings down, with shift held, if you click twice fast enough, the second will be queued up to build, and it will be built.
  6. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I think range of "nobuild" between buildings is too big, its a little frustrating sometimes.
  7. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

I think it should be bigger. Big enough for most units to drive between.
  8. Teppei

Teppei New Member

If you want spaces to drive things between then why don't you leave that yourself? I too was getting frustrated while trying to build up my eco because now sometimes the building wont build plus it deselects the building you were trying to build and then you have to spend time going back to build it again.
    Last edited by a moderator: June 25, 2013
  9. themine12

themine12 New Member

10. deso88

deso88 Member

This. It's almost impossible to build a compact base right now. Quite sad.
  11. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

personally, i think the building of a "compact" base is something they might actually be wanting us to shy away from. why?

Nukes. one good nuke could rip a compact base into confetti

that is, once they're fully implemented.

i do love that adv. assaults finally got love. but DAMN that's a jump in damage.

as for walls.....minus 2500 health? NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BUT i do see that their blocking ability is more believable. on the other hand, you can't cram them together. but that can be fixed with a 2 row staggered pattern.
  12. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

for building, it would be great if there was a "build grid" that extended from existing structures, which you could "snap to" when placing additional buildings

Just to satisfy people's OCD for having nice straight rows of power plants or perfect quads of factories churning away in synchrony
  13. deso88

deso88 Member

That would be your own fault then. Uber doesn't have to take your hand so 1 nuke won't kill you. The ability to build compact bases doesn't deny you building spread out bases...
  14. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

This should be fixed when/if they decrease the pathfinding "footprint" of buildings/units to be closer to the actual model.
  15. dacite

dacite Member

Compact bases are easier to defend.
  16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The large gap is annoying when trying to place buildings since it deselects everytime.
  17. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

I think the nobuild radius for resource and defensive buildings should be smaller, but the nobuild radius for factories should be LARGER.
  18. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

One of the bugs is that if you can't place an object, you also can not rotate it, as a wrong selection deselects it entirely. So it makes placing shipyards especially hard.

Also all the naval buildings seem to be broken at the moment, you can only build them very close to shore, and they end up underwater.
  19. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Yes that, that needs to fixed, i like the larger spaces but it does need tweaking to not be as large as it is now.
  20. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

Nukes can **** up a compact base, but a compact base is easier to protect with anti-nukes and point defense.

I think the nobuild radius should be small to non-existant for economic and defensive buildings (I miss being able to put small things like t1 radar on top of existing buildings or cliffs, it looked cool) but it should be EXPANDED for factories to prevent pathing issues on unit construction.