Game running less than 1 FPS on an Titan SLI

Discussion in 'Support!' started by oni222, June 18, 2013.

1. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Random question with the slow fps have you tried creating a game and immediately clicking ready? So it's just you and the AI? Your hardware is significantly better then mine and I have no idea why you can't play a game so I'm drunk (Thinking outside of the box) I've had issues of playing old games on my modern systems and they can't handle it due to limitations of their performance....just my two cents.
    I had issues with my game starting but it was 100% different to yours so perhaps a bit of random thought helps.
    Disclaimer
    I AM DRUNK
  2. oni222

oni222 Member

I will try that but keep in mind I never succeeded in creating a game and just playing around with the options will take me 30 minutes or so.
  3. zeroumus

zeroumus New Member

my titan works fine
  4. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Yes, we have a Titan in the office as well, it runs the game rather ridiculously well. I want to try getting one of the computers setup with dual GTX 680s (we don't have two Titans) or something similar and see what happens. Even with SLI disabled just having multiple cards may cause issues. I have no idea when we'll be able to run those kinds of tests though.
  5. eyecu247

eyecu247 Member

I am running my gfx cards in CS and when I play the 2nd just isn't used (but the fan spins up like it wants to play)
    With every build I get a few more FPS and now I am getting over 100FPS. I only played one game with the last build and haven't had a chance to play on the most recent build to give out accurate numbers, but reading posts on the forums it looks like if issues occur related to gfx cards...
    ATI/AMD cards seem to not have performance related issues but may be missing items or gfx details might be missing
    NVIDIA only has performance problems.

my take on a performance issue is the game not getting as many FPS as it should on your given card. I am not implying NVIDA or ATI/AMD is better then the other. So I am not trying to start an argument about what card is better. This is only based on my experience and what I have read thus far in the forums.
    But saying that in the end/at release in December I will be curious to know what brand cards play this game better and where the sweet spot (specific card) is based on cost/performance. But that is a long ways away.
  6. oni222

oni222 Member

Is there some kind of log the game creates that I can post here to try and shed some light?

I am desperate here and nothing I have tried even remotely worked :(
  7. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Since the game isn't crashing or behaving badly apart from being really slow there's nothing we'd be logging that would be useful.

The only options I can think of to try would be temporarily physically remove all your video cards but one Titan from your machine and see if the issue continues.

If it doesn't fix the issue it's probably some issue with some other software you have on your machine. If that's the case there's not much we can do to fix the issue unless you can figure out which program is causing the conflict. It could be an antivirus program doing weird things for example.

Actually, one thing is I don't think we ever asked if you were forcing any graphics settings via the NVidia control panel. Anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, etc. If you are, turn that all off so it's set to Application Controlled. If you're running any "game booster" type programs turn those off too.
  8. oni222

oni222 Member

I reset all my nvidia settings to default and no success.

I closed all applications running and no success.

I removed all cards except one and no success. Then I tried the other Titan and no success.

I removed my FX-8350 and put in my previous cpu that I never OC'd and no success.

I tried doing all of the above without any cpu/ram/gpu OC's and no success.

The result is always the same. The client just refuses to work.

Now just a reminder I have over 630 games on steam and everything plays without issues but this glorious game refuses to let me play it :(

If the Dev's worked here in South Florida I would bring the computer to them and let them test anything they wanted lol

I even offered to let them remote into my computer every time they wanted to test a build on my pc as a guinea pig!
  9. ycnz

ycnz New Member

Tried nuking windows and reinstalling from scratch? It can sometimes help weird driver issues that just don't get cleared out with multiple uninstalls.
  10. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

Have you tried lowering your resolution to 1900x1200 or something.
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Unlikely to be the problem but have you tried unplugging your logitech headset? I've sen weird issues with USB sound devices in the past. However this is another one we have in the office with out any issues.

Nuking windows and reinstalling might fix it, but that's kind of crummy thing to force on someone and isn't guaranteed to fix it if it's hardware related. Not sure what information we could get from remoting in with out installing our dev tools on your machine, which isn't really an option. And we're in the Seattle, WA area. :/

I'll have to pass this on to one of the programmers to see what they want to do. Those who would be dealing with this are going to be busy for a while longer before they'll get a chance to look in to it.

If you can try new builds as they come out to see if anything changes that will help. It's plausible updates we make will magically fix the issue.
  12. paprototype

paprototype Member

Go back to the basics.
    - use only hardware that is needed, disconnect all other stuff.
    mobo/ram/cpu/1 vidcard (disable internal gpu in bios)/ 1 HD
    - reinstall windows, use default resolution like 1080p
    (use another HD if you got a spare one, so you do not have to loose your normal install)
    - pray to the gaming gods.
  13. oni222

oni222 Member

I tried removing the headset and the supporting application. In fact I literally removed all applications in my task bar except the bare essentials. Sadly that still did not fix it :(

I will continue try using newer builds until the programmers can get some free time :D just please do not forget about me. I will be checking this thread daily in the hopes of a solution.
  14. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

Did you try lowering your resolution? (1900x1200) or something. to see if there is an issue at high resolutions or something.
  15. Grimseff

Grimseff Member

Ohmigod man you are now my object of obsessive intrigue. I really hope your mysterious problem gets resolved. :/
  16. Sherrif

Sherrif Member

My troubleshooting would look at how you output your audio, HDD Usage.

I'm sure you've tried the fresh boot run, but if you have a bunch of startup programs I would at least disable them. In fact I don't have my mouse or keyboard software boot up. I open them if I feel the need to use it, but to be honest I feel that it may just be a slowdown from a driver error, or... I honestly feel like it's your soundcard, but I know nothing of your setup.
  17. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

put it on 1600Mhz
  18. oni222

oni222 Member

I hope so too!
  19. oni222

oni222 Member

I have already tried those steps :(
  20. oni222

oni222 Member

You know what I have not tried that! I will try it now BRB!

EDIT: Nope sadly that did not help either. Still it was worth a shot! Keep the good ideas coming!

PS: HOLY CRAP 1038 Views!