Disappointed About the Pricing

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by almondwagers, June 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revancakes

revancakes Member

Suit yourself ill enjoy the game. But since you're already here something tells me this didn't kill your interest so see you at retail launch
  2. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

What you said actually makes an even stronger case for the paywall. If even at $90 we get the people you are referencing, imagine what it would be like at $20?

The best explanation I've heard is from zaphod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gWE1hLMUXZ0#t=122s
  3. amphok

amphok Member

just skip the alpha, and wait for the retail
    gg?
  4. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

This is wrong though. They can list multiple price points on Early Access. Uber just choose to use one of their tiers that included Alpha access.
  6. kvalheim

They've said Valve won't let them put down versions that don't include early access because the release date is too far away.
    Not sure what reason there'd be to lie about it, since they're allowing pre-orders on their own site and would very likely want them up on Steam
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The problem is that Although PA will have multiple Early Access Periods they are exclusive to each other, and what Valve won't allow is to have a Pre-Order for the Full game this far out from release OR it seems to have an Early Access option that you can't Access yet(Beta) so all that combined leaves you with only having the Alpha Early Access visible on Steam.

Mike
  8. kvalheim

There should at least also be a link to the PA Uber-store page to preorder, but I can easily see why Steam wouldn't want that xD
  9. necomachina

necomachina New Member

Nah. Goes against my principles to support companies that are this poorly managed. And to the guy above saying that I'm still here so I must be interested and suggesting that I'm gonna buy it at retail. I am absolutely interested in the game. I was a big fan of SupCom and this looks really awesome. I give props to the devs for their game design and coding skills. But their business skills, and especially their PR are atrocious IMO. Just from Neutrino's arrogant replies alone I refuse to ever support this company. How they handled their previous games seems very shady to me also. Companies need to learn that there is a right way and a wrong way to treat their customers, and I think Uber is doing it very, very wrong. Also, I have much more self control than to give in and buy this at release.
  10. legitlobster

legitlobster Member

11. necomachina

necomachina New Member

Gotta love when people can't stick to debating the topic and resort to childish insults...
  12. legitlobster

legitlobster Member

Your post is not worth replying to seriously because you clearly did not invest a single minute to research any of your claims.
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

A game can only be listed on Steam's Early Access if it is immediately available. Out of all the tiers Uber stuck with three from their Kickstarter only one has Alpha Access. Uber only has one pack option available with instant game access. That doesn't mean Uber couldn't add other price points with Alpha access. It just means they currently only offer one option. It'll be the same for the Beta period as well unless it's close enough to PA release date for pre-orders through Steam.
  14. kvalheim

Because they're sticking with their 4 version of the game, the Galactic and above editions being the ones with alpha
  15. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Someone didn't get their wheaties this morning.
  16. antillie

antillie Member

Oh man, you really don't want to have a discussion about this with me then. Go away please before we loose another thread.
  17. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

This masochism is irrational.
  18. revancakes

revancakes Member

The prices are fine, the prices make sense. If you don't wanna spend 90 bucks cool, go sit in a corner cover your mouth and muffle about it to yourself because a lot of us here find it just fine for the reasons listed. It means something to us. Don't wanna spend that? Good exercising of your right to spend your money when and where you want be a big boy and move on or wait for beta or retail. Done deal
  19. omega4

omega4 Member

One thing I have to say in Uber's favor is their selling a alpha game for $90 is pure marketing genius.

Whether Uber stumbled into this marketing strategy by accident or on purpose remains to be seen. But one thing is clear, a $90 alpha game attracts attention and has made uber famous (or infamous depending on your point of view).

I never would have even heard of PA if it weren't for a work colleague coming to me laughing about gamers crazy enough to buy a $90 alpha.
    Last edited: June 24, 2013
  20. antillie

antillie Member

Exactly. There is no such thing as bad publicity.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.