Build effects changed?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Artamentix, June 22, 2013.

1. Artamentix

Artamentix Member

Have the build effects been changed? They all look square now (a lot like what TA had) but I did much prefer the old ones.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

3. klewis5

klewis5 Member

I like where they're going with the stream changing as you ecostall- actually had that idea a couple days ago myself- but it does seem a little jarring being as blocky as it is now. I imagine it'll go back using to the ovoid shapes at some point.
  4. torrasque

torrasque Active Member

Yeah, it has changed. I think it looks more cool now.
  5. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

The first thing I noticed when I tried out the patch.
    I instantly thought "Yes! They look much more like TA now!".
    Funny how such little things can make a difference. Now make them flicker in brightness a bit and you have TA right there.
  6. Artamentix

Artamentix Member

I think the only gripe I have when compared to the old one is that in my opinion there aren't enough cubes on screen (ignoring when the economy stalls). The old effect had more bits to it and looked like it went farther too. This effect looks weaker as not that many particles are at the end of the stream going to the construction site.
  7. 6animalmother9

6animalmother9 Member

I do like the new one, though I would prefer if they sprayed a fine green mist
  8. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Agree. Although I think they probably changed it because of performance issues with the old one, I hope they'll add the size and fidelity of the nanolathe as a graphics option.
  9. Artamentix

Artamentix Member

The old one didn't really have much of a performance issue. The main reason it coincidentally lags when building is that fps takes a massive hit if the energy/mass bars are not full or empty and are changing in value. see http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=945