Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 11, 2010.

1. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

Well I won't get that part of the experience so seems like I'd better not bother. Though it does appear it might've been an ok alternative to watching it.
  2. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Yep, nothing really changed.

Btw, they're gonna do this sh*t with Chūnibyō too. Like if I'm gonna buy the movie tickets!

I will.
  3. NegimaSonic

WHY O_O
    I mean supporting the industry is good but you already probably bought the dvds and stuff, don't let them feed on you lol.
  4. missionaryposition

I don't buy anime DVDs/BDs lol. Way too expensive.

Chūnibyō's movie's ending will have the preview of the 2nd season... Yes, not a good enough reason to spend ¥2000 but whatever...
  5. NegimaSonic

Can you just give me your money?

On a side note, I got into "Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru" two days ago and caught up as of today. I think I was drawn in by the loser MC, except he's ok with being a loser and has some very "real" thoughts.

This one sold me, "I hate nice girls" Disclaimer: I don't hate nice girls but I get the feeling.
  6. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Dammit, now I need to watch that just for the monologues.
  7. missionaryposition

Hamachi is basically a Haganai rip-off.
  8. NegimaSonic

They're not "ALL" that amazing but I like his twisted perspective. That's from episode 5 btw.

Never watched Haganai and as usual not gonna at this time :p but I read the old discussion threads, many people compared it to that. And generally say it's better. This may be a joke but it's in line with what you were saying.

9. missionaryposition

Lmao, that's funny.

Haganai has Kobato so technically, Haganai wins :lol:

[​IMG]
  10. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

I am now up to date with the manga for Shingeki no Kyojin, and I don't get what Eren, Ymir and the other two are talking about. AND THAT MONKEY! lol btw how do you say Ymir?
  11. missionaryposition

Falcon, there are people who don't follow the manga on purpose just for the sake of having fun with the anime. Try not to put spoilers.

In Japanese, we pronounce it "Yumiru". Any European here who knows how to pronounce it the right way?
  12. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

I think it's pronounced ee-mere.
  13. NegimaSonic

As far as spoilers go, I don't take issue with em, even though I don't go looking for them, I'm not particularly bothered by them and I have even talked to a friend who knew stuff ahead of me. It's just not like seeing it happen for yourself.
  14. desertfalcon

Oops sorry, I just started reading Shingeki no Kyojin so I thought everyone finished the manga xD Ive been pronoucing it as Yee-Mere lol
  15. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

Yee-mear

Y as in yes
    Ee as in fee
    Mear as in ear

The 'y' is pretty subtle though. Don't overdo it.
  16. missionaryposition

Krista is the best character from the whole series. My favorite.

I lmao'd when she headbutted Ymir back. Hilarious :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. NegimaSonic

Not a lot happened in this week's Titan. Seeing Mikasa blush was worth it though. Also more love for Armin.

I'm more satisfied with HenNeko, there's so many ways to screw up a sudden time travel episode, but they pulled off a fine balance between comedy and seriousness compared to most of their episodes. I think the next episode will end the show though, there's still a lot to resolve but more importantly, I'm going to miss this stupid show.
  18. missionaryposition

[​IMG]

No midget Rivaille? I'm disappointed.

I've been going back and forth at this for a long time but yep, that's it. I'm convinced. After watching SnK EP 12, I'm convinced that the anime is better than the manga.

It's very rare to see an anime outshining its original work. (manga, light novel) Death Note was the last one I saw. It's been a while.
  19. desertfalcon

What is this Death note? I've heard a lot about it but never really got to read/watch it. Is it good or neh?
  20. NegimaSonic

I didn't watch it past a few episodes, but I read it completely.

Without spoiling much, it's a manga where you truly find the meaning of "the pen is mightier than the sword". A book where simply writing a person's name can cause them to die. You can even be more creative and control them up to their death.
    A good portion of the action is on a mental level, the intensity between the characters, trying to cover up the existence of the Death Note.

If you're looking for something beyond the usual shonen power up, kill stuff, kind of thing, give it a read. But as I said, it's about mental/intellectual kind of things, there are very few physical fights as far as I remember. It isn't that kind of manga.