Everything Screams PC, so why 360?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Polynomial, August 9, 2010.

1. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

This is not a console sux PC rulez thread. Just wanted to get that out of the way. ;)

Uber was formed by mostly former employees of GPG, a PC oriented company.

Monday Night Combat obviously has roots in Demigod, since Uber more or less made that game. DOTA is a very PC oriented game and culture.

Everyone and their mother has made references to TF2, a super PC oriented game.

So why was the decision made to go for an XBLA title? Was it a financial decision? 360 does have the largest install base over PS3. Was it Live's great multiplayer infastructure? I'm just curious, because everything about this game feels like it was a PC game. I like the control input of a PC over 360, and getting 6 people for a team is easier since everyone has PCs so I'm just wondering why 360?

Tuesday Night Combat can be the PC version >.>
  2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

This has actually been answered a couple of other times in other threads. Uber thought they had the best chance of reaching the broadest audience by going with MS, and they had hopes to be included in the Summer of Arcade (which happened).
  3. Polynomial

Ok, cool. So it was partly a financial decision. Summer of Arcade is good marketing itself.
  4. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

5. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Good interview!
    I know it's wishful thinking on my part but I read: We haven't officially announced the PC version yet... :D
    Very smooth answer to the question, btw.
  6. scathis

Thanks! Been doing this a while now.
  7. Col_Jessep

Oi, that's a great idea! Can you tell us a little more on how you did that or is it a secret? If I had to guess I'd say you are probably storing some general blueprints with balancing values on the MS server?

It's a wonderful idea, I wish more developers would do that (GPG!!!!). Can you please try to integrate that into a possible PC version as well? :D
  8. scathis

Check out Penny-Arcade.
  9. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Maybe some internal framework? Like a slide-adjuster (of sorts) that they can edit on the fly?
  10. CrashTheGame

CrashTheGame New Member

If it was for PC, I probably wouldn't purchase it. I might pirate it after its been out a year but definitely not buy nor care about.

But because its for 360, I am so hyped about this game. I just find consoles more fun to play on. I had a nintendo when I was 3. Got a PC when I was 12 and was a 'PC Gamer' til I cracked and bought a 360 at age 21. Now I am 24 and thinking about playing an intense PC game like starcraft 2 just seems unappealing. The console experience is much smoother and simpler.
  11. Col_Jessep

I'd love to but well, you know where I live... ;)

Anyway, I was just thinking how that could be used for a mod, would save players and modders a load of trouble and bandwidth. (I was part of a team that worked on a new faction for FA back in the day. The download size was >700mb IIRC. With this feature balancing could have been a breeze!) But I guess most games wouldn't support something like that for security reasons. Still, great idea!
  12. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

if you pirated it you'd only be able to play blitz...
  13. Polynomial