Defend a city? Alternative gameplay modes.

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by snierke, June 20, 2013.

1. snierke

snierke Active Member

Defend a city or defend and move a object from A to B.
    Why? To add some more value/color to our fantacy when we fight at the battlefield. The commander is cool ;-) but a colorfull city is more ...eh... interesting to defend. Adding some alternative strategi goals would also be fun i think.

Alt. 1)

Player/team tries to move an object from area A to area B before time runs out.
    Other player/teams tries to destroy the object.
    Some balance threatment needs to be done (not possible to attack before a certain time limit... or maybe some different economy startings etc.)
    Object could be a slow moving vehicle or just the commander.

Alt. 2)

Defend a city
    Defender team/player needs to withstand attackers for a certain periode.
    Forexample: Less than 15 minutes the attackers win. Between 15 and 20 minutes --> tie. If city is not destroyed before 20 minutes the defender wins etc.
    In practise there need to be a certain % of buildings destroyed (forexample 50%) that determines wether the city/cities are destroyed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Or have it a bit less arbitrary than a timer?
    Like say, the attacking force has a finite amount of resources whereas the defender doesn't, or the defender has to be able to build a large evac rocket before the attackers wipe them out.

Cities don't work in the context of the current giant robot on robot setting, but could work for a totes converty mod
  3. torrasque

torrasque Active Member

With the number of people that like building defensive base, I think it's a must.
    Perhaps it would fit better with an ancient death start or a crashed mothership.
  4. FunkOff

FunkOff Member

I made something similar to this in FAF. Survival Run is a map and Civilian Defense is a mod.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I'm all for this idea
  6. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

How about a city with a civilian population that works your factories, so you have to maintain the city and keep the people showing up at work (so if a plague is going around your city, factory production drops)