PA Alpha Build: 49731

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 19, 2013.

1. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

It's because they hit the ground, make 2 loops, and then explode.
  2. gillza

gillza Member

Kinda laggy for me on Linux this build is :) Not sure why. I give the units command and they respond with a second or two delay... Im not downloading any pron or anything at the moment so, the bandwidth should not be a problem.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Damn, I want to try out nukes but I need to go to work now. xD
    1 dmg nukes.... epic :D
  4. Daddie

Daddie Member

Will this be optional in the future? When playing a (team) multiplayer match, spying on your enemy will be too easy with this option :mrgreen:

Will there be "victory options" in the future where this will be one of these victory options?
  5. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Will this be optional in the future? When playing a (team) multiplayer match, spying on your enemy will be too easy with this option :mrgreen:

A lot if games use this feature. I think it's a great idea. Best way to learn is to watch others play.

Great work on the balancing. Seems Nearly perfect. Wall damage should be lowered or cost raised. Rate of fire for Sheller could be lowered a little
  6. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Yes, but in competition you don't want to give away free intel.

You're assuming the case where it's a friendly game, where getting information after death is harmless. That's not always the case, so an option is essential.
  7. GoogleFrog

GoogleFrog Active Member

This is interesting, what is the distinction between damage and splash damage? The best I can think of is that damage would be dealt to the unit it hits and splash damage is dealt to the units in the area. But that seems like a pointless distinction.
  8. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

In this particular case it's pretty pointless (because they're the same value), but in cases where the AOE is harmless, but the impact is massive, it becomes relevant.

It could be a way to balance the Uber Cannon... very effective against single targets, but isn't overpowered against groups (assuming the UC has some splash).
  9. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

I hope they work on performance a lot more this whole even on a fat connection it may get laggy suggests it needs a lot of work.
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Last time I tested, both values are applied to the target, then the splash damage only applied to the splash area (so the unit hit gets double damage)
  11. joggler

joggler New Member

This has maybe been written before, but just what I see:

FIXES:

Nukes blow up sideways (See picture)

Nukes have to high firerate, set to 1/8 of the time as today, this way even if powerfull will not be spammed and easy countered.

When scrolling out I get the yellow sun, but my units are displayed in the sun.

You can multiple structures on each other (See picture), muss not be possible, and how about giving a BUFF when place near each other as build a far from eath other reduces the risk of being destroyed fast.

Units (All of them) have problem routing around builds or units (See picture)

Commander has to be more BUFF, give 3-4 times more the health as of today.

Building queue of the factories
    Powerdown does not work (Of buildings)

Building structures should remove trees or any other ground details.

LOOKING FORWARD TO MAKING THIS A GREAT GAME

Attached Files:

12. dacite

dacite Member

Anyone noticing a decrease in fps since the new patch?
  13. crazy987

crazy987 New Member

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.
  14. deso88

deso88 Member

It's the only way to be sure.
  15. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Active Member

My FPS is still stuck at 5 - 6, so things are still unplayable for me, doing my best to test though.
  16. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

True but I'm sure we won't be having tournaments for a while yet. By that time I'm sure there will be an on off toggle in the battle room options.
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

What is the level ot this throttle and how does it show in the game? Is it at ~400 kbyte/s and does it show by units that move in big laggy steps?
  18. ephoscus

ephoscus Member

Game over man! Game over!
    (sorry, but seriously, they should add knifes & sharp sticks, for the directors cut edition...)
  19. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

If they start naming stuff after Aliens characters, I think I might have multiple anurisms and a heart attack or 3 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously tho, I would be honored if my Commander got sniped by a "Vasquez" :mrgreen:
  20. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

Can someone offer an explanation of what they think the purpose, or usefulness is for the Fabrication Sub is produced out of a T2 factory and build T1 structures.