Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 11, 2010.

1. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

Yeah I don't really watch the anime much, I basically stopped for a year but I kept the episodes as they aired so I'm watching them this month to catch up.

I actually stopped reading the manga when the English shonen jump stopped their physical magazine productions. I didn't want to read it online or wait for the novels, I liked holding it in my hands and sometimes they had color pages as well :| But I need to give up on that, I've already given in to reading other manga online since then.

EDIT: Just watched today's Titan, things did not go well for them...
  2. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Duuuuude, that last 5 minutes of EP 11... That god-like animation... O_O

EP 12 will be crazy :eek:

Rivaille Rivaille Rivaille Rivaille Rivaille
  3. NegimaSonic

yeah people joke that they use those still frame scenes a lot so they can uses their budget on those special moments, kind of a shame that they don't have enough money but they really do have some fluid wonderful motions.

[​IMG]

But the ending..was "smashing"
  4. missionaryposition

The anime is better than the manga. Way better. That's for sure.
  5. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Aside from a couple of the action scenes, I always thought the anime actually managed to look flatter than the manga. The action scenes done right are badass though.

It's weird, when I read the manga it feels like it's about the action, when anime is a much better action medium. And the anime feels like it's more about characters, when manga can have thought bubbles and side notes and junk.

The manga I've enjoyed because it seems more about the blood and guts. I haven't seen the newest few episodes yet, hopefully they'll be more actiony now that most of the backstory is done.
  6. NegimaSonic

Not sure how far behind you are but this feeling you have probably isn't going away. I love the show but I think a lot of the "world building" can sometimes hurt.

I don't read the manga on purpose, but I've been told it almost follows the manga chapter by chapter minus a few reorderings of events. So if there's a particular chapter you remember that had a lot of talking/thoughts/no action, expect that in the show haha..
  7. missionaryposition

SnK is easily the anime of the year so far.

Sooooo popular. Walk on the streets here and ask people if they know SnK, they'll likely say yes. I did it a couple of times :lol:
  8. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

However here in NZ, opposite from Japan it is very rare that people know, sigh.
    On the other hand, anata wa baka desu ka? xD
  9. missionaryposition

Of course. In other countries, if you watch anime, OMG YOU'RE A WEEABOO :lol:
  10. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

well this is weird...

Anyway has anyone watched Amnesia?

I liked it and thought the character designs were nice.
  11. missionaryposition

Do you like men more than women?
  12. NegimaSonic

Nah, I gave it a pass since I was kind of hearing it was just "ok" and kind of female fanservice. Kind of like how I'm probably skipping "Free!" despite KyoAni being a good company. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with Shojo I watch some (I mostly read it if I'm doing that). So I'd be more interested in what you liked about it, maybe to see if it'd change my mind.

Back on the usual Titan stuff, a full version of the OP has surfaced, but it was low quality because it was shown on an outside television then recorded by a fan. (It begins after the normal opening plays)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY-VqITn ... ture=share
  13. missionaryposition

14. NegimaSonic

I'll watch or read anything if it's interesting to me, with the exception of hardcore yaoi...not worth the mental strain there. Otherwise I don't only watch harem or stuff about killing, I keep my mind open.

Free is being done by KyoAni, they did some really nice shows, Air, Kanon(2006), and Clannad. Also Hyouka and Tamako Market but I didn't watch those, the former I've heard good things about at least and may watch one day. So if I hear it is interesting beyond "swimming bishonens doing swimming", then I will watch it, but at this time it is off my radar.
  15. missionaryposition

You missed one great anime...

[​IMG]
  16. NegimaSonic

Didn't know they did that one, but I put that one on a backlist too because I'm not really sure about it.

Though on that topic, I've finally started watching SOME of Madoka Magica. Been watching it on my 3DS when I'm bored and can't use my laptop. Everyone always said Kyubei is evil, I'm still waiting for that. Unfortunately I'm going to have to put it off again as episodes 5-8 are corrupt.
  17. missionaryposition

Dude, watch Chūnibyō. It's a moefest. The story is great too.

MadoMagi is for cool guys. It still haunts me to this day that I wasted ¥4000 for the 2 MadoMagi movies [slash] replays that I already watched on TV.

I hope the 3rd movie delivers. It's a sequel of the TV series. All I remember about the trailer that they showed after the credits of the 2nd movie is Kyōko wearing a school uniform lmao.
  18. NegimaSonic

rawr, it stays on the indefinite backlist for now, back there with "K".

Though that's disappointing about the movies, if they're basically redone versions of the tv ones, what's the pointbesides money? Was there anything good about it beyond upgraded backgrounds or something?
  19. missionaryposition

Nothing changed. Just shorter.

All about the moneh.
  20. arseface

arseface Post Master General

That's not true. The transformation scenes were done better, and the one chick has a wider variety of foods she eats. Voice acting was also redone, and they added some bone crunching sounds to a key scene.

So yeah, basically nothing changed

The plus of the movies for me was that I got to see them in a theater, and I've never seen a subbed movie in a theater before. It was an experience worth having. And I got a free movie poster for going.