Planetary Annihilation: New Alpha Trailer and Instant Access

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, June 9, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

See the post here:

http://www.uberent.com/pa/2013/06/08/planetary-annihilation-alpha-trailer-and-instant-access/

Copy of the post here:

As most people know by now, our Alpha has started! This means that all of our alpha keys have gone out. If you already ordered and haven’t gotten your key yet, please check the bottom of this post. There are some suggestions on how to check the status of your key. You probably already have your key, it just may have gotten caught in a nasty spam filter.

We also have instant access enabled! If you buy a Galactic Edition or Cosmic Edition of Planetary Annihilation, you’ll get an email immediately providing immediate access to the alpha. We’ve said it a lot, but it warrants repeating: Alpha means the game is not finished! It isn’t heavily optimized yet, it doesn’t have all its features yet. It is not for the faint of heart. As of today, only Windows 64 (Vista, Win 7 & Win8) is supported. We expect Mac OS/X to be available in the next week or two, and Linux soon after. The 32-bit Windows client should also become available in that time frame. Windows XP is not supported. If you want to play PA, it’s time to upgrade to a newer OS. With all the caveats and addendums out of the way, we hope we see you!

Thanks and see you in game!

The Uber Entertainment Team

Finding my key information:

Step 1:

Check here: http://store.uberent.com/account/MyKeys

If your key is there, activate it, then download https://store.uberent.com/download/palauncher.exe

Don’t worry if you bought extra beta keys or retail keys that don’t show up here yet, especially if you bought three packs during the Kickstarter. They’ll be visible, and upgradeable, soon.

Step 2:

Ok, nothing there. I was an early backer or pre-order. Check here: https://store.uberent.com/Account/MyAccount

Are there any purchases? Even if they show “$0″? Yes? Check and make sure you actually have alpha access. Which means $90 or up for reward tier or Galactic or Cosmic edition.

Step 3:

If pre-order, now is when you email Uber with proof that you bought the alpha, and the account you bought it on.

If early acces, proceed to step 4.

Step 4:

Go to http://uberent.com/KS/FindMyPledge and enter in the email address you originally used in Kickstarter and check your inbox.

If you no longer have access to that email address, email Uber. And be prepared to provide proof that you are who you say you are.

If you have the same address, but aren’t seeing it, try verifying your mail at store.uberent.com and make sure you can get mail from us.

If you have done all that still nothing, you should email us.

If you did all that, and you honestly stepped through 1 – 3 and nothing, email us.
  2. Nelec

Nelec Member

Re: Planetary Annihilation: New Alpha Trailer and Instant Ac

Looks brilliant! I was wondering whether or not you guys would make a new trailer for steam :D
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Very nice trailer. I like how the current planets really look a lot like the visualization from the Kickstarter video. It's amazing how fast you guys have worked.
  4. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

i am a bit confused. :?

i thought the Steam early access that says 14 June 2013 will be for everyone to download, withor without preordering the game.

am i wrong?

also we must have preorder from a specific version and above for alpha? from Galactic or greater right?

i have preordered the "retail" version, and i wish to "upgrade" is this possible? can i pay only the difference and upgrade to galactic so that i can join alpha and give my feedback?

thanks
  5. borkyborkbork

borkyborkbork New Member

Go to http://store.uberent.com/ and in the upper right hand corner there is a grey button for upgrading your purchase.

You need to upgrade to a version that specifically says Alpha access if you want to play now.
  6. darkxplay

darkxplay New Member

Thank's :D

Can we make some videos of the Alpha ? (On youtube)

Or we have to wait for the beta ?
  7. numptyscrub

numptyscrub Member

People are already recording and/or streaming the alpha. Uber is fine with that, as long as:
    • you make it obvious that this is an alpha, and that development is far from finished
    • they reserve the right to ask for certain stuff to be removed (unlikely but not impossible)

I would assume the only things they may have an issue with are clips that only highlight bugs / issues without making it clear that we are still 6 months from release, and these will all be fixed before then. Some editing to gloss over the glaring problems would certainly not hurt ;)
  8. gabeaustin

gabeaustin New Member

Hey, currently looking for the link to the forum where Alpha testers post the bugs that we find, any help please?
  9. Consili

Consili Member

I might sound like a bit of a stuck record at this stage garat so I apologise in advance, but what is the current status on upgrading and distributing gift keys? I'm loving Alpha and want to get my brother in on it. I know systems like this can take a while to implement, but I don't have a sense of approximate time frame atm.

I think this is what you are after http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/
  10. craziedezire

craziedezire New Member

I finally got the launcher downloaded! Thank you for the help, but I have a question. How do I view my game keys from my uber account page? I see no link anywhere. The link you provided in the post took me right to it but unless I type /MyKeys in the address bar I can't find a link anywhere? Am I crazy or just plain stupid??? Please help!
    Thanks
  11. garat

We don't actually have the link yet. It's just a matter of "We have an update to the Account page to fix it" but simply haven't had time to push it yet. Too much to do and not enough time. :) There will be a direct link very soon!
  12. sokolek

sokolek Member

"Could not contact the Steam client. Is it running?" <--message that pops up when launching PA.exe (even when launched through steam). Of course I have 64bit CPU and 64bit windows.

How to solve this problem?
    Please answer here.
  13. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

By the way, why the download link is not the same than the one we received in the Alpha e-mail ?

In the email :
    https://store.uberent.com/download/pasetup.exe

In the post/website :
    https://store.uberent.com/download/palauncher.exe

This cause that the files are downloaded in the same directory than the Launcher instead of a "normal" instalation process that happen with the "pasetup".

Intended ?

And i must say that hyperlinks on the links would make the article more easy to read/follow.
  14. garat

They're not quite the same thing, though they mostly do the same thing. The PALauncher.exe is what PAsetup installs. Downloading the former, you just place it where you want and go. The latter treats it like an actual install to via rar installer.
  15. kosh800

kosh800 New Member

Hmm ... I just recently confirmed my account and upgraded from a $50 pledge to a $90 pledge, which should provide an alpha key to activate but it doesn't. It says the I have an alpha key but the Status lists it as, "Not yet eligible for activation." Is there some lag time between upgrading a payment and getting an activation key?
  16. ubermaugustine

ubermaugustine Uber Alumni

Currently, there is a delay between when a pledge is finalized and the alpha key is distributed, but we're working to eliminate this delay. You should receive an email notification about your key shortly.
  17. kosh800

kosh800 New Member

Ah, and indeed I did. Thank you very much.
  18. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

This i know.
    I was more reporting that the "public" communication points to a less user-friendly instalation method :)
  19. stallfish

stallfish New Member

Hi guys!
    I can't start the game. Becouse on launch it give me error "Could not link steam account"
    And then "pa.exe - error":

Code:
    Сигнатура проблемы:
      Имя события проблемы:	BEX64
      Имя приложения:	pa.exe
      Версия приложения:	0.0.0.0
      Отметка времени приложения:	51bf96e8
      Имя модуля с ошибкой:	steamclient64.dll_unloaded
      Версия модуля с ошибкой:	0.0.0.0
      Отметка времени модуля с ошибкой:	51b0f632
      Смещение исключения:	000000003848ce08
      Код исключения:	c0000005
      Данные исключения:	0000000000000008
      Версия ОС:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Код языка:	1049
      Дополнительные сведения 1:	a18a
      Дополнительные сведения 2:	a18a331df42525f2420db3827cc61cb0
      Дополнительные сведения 3:	4d8d
      Дополнительные сведения 4:	4d8dd189a66f8d42cb4d84dc3bdfe7a5

Ознакомьтесь с заявлением о конфиденциальности в Интернете:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0419

Если заявление о конфиденциальности в Интернете недоступно, ознакомьтесь с его локальным вариантом:
      C:\Windows\system32\ru-RU\erofflps.txt

P.s. - I have a 64x Win7, 4GB ram, Nvidia 550 Ti.

And i can't see a topic "Running problems or error's" in this forum.
  20. jparks

jparks New Member

I tried activating PA on Steam because there is supposed to be compatibility for the Steam and PA launcher. The Steam client pops up an pa.exe error message:
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
    Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I understand it's Alpha, but is there a fix for this... re-install... wait till PA and Steam are linked?