current range/radar circles improvement

Discussion in 'Support!' started by PringleMan, June 18, 2013.

1. PringleMan

PringleMan Member

I love the addition of the radar circles and gun ranges, that is a massive help!

I do not know if it is planned, but I think a good improvement on that would be to display existing range circles when building new structures.

For example, lets say you place down a radar dish. Then, you decide to put down another radar dish. In this case you have the existing radar's range circle appear on the UI as well as the new circle. This helps you plan the SOI overlap or plan for efficiency. This becomes especially useful when planning out your artillery and defense tower kill-zones.

The next step after that would be to experiment with clicking on a radar or defense tower and having it display the ranges for all defense/radar towers. Again as an example lets say you have a cluster of defense towers, if you click on one, all of their range disks would pop up.

Perhaps something like a UI toggle or a hotkey that turns on all of the range disks would be more appropriate, that way you could simultaneously see where all of the ranges for your defensive clusters overlap and such.

Anyways, some ideas.
  2. JamaicanPotato

JamaicanPotato Member

Not a bad idea, if it can eventually be added would be helpful.
  3. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this kind of stuff will be configurable, it was in Forged Alliance. Beautiful clusterfuck of a menu they had.
  4. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

I cannot stress enough how much I support this kind of idea.
  5. redstar427

redstar427 Member

I also like this idea. :)