Love the game, general question possible future game feature

Discussion in 'Support!' started by horsem3n, June 17, 2013.

1. horsem3n

horsem3n New Member

Love the game thus far; Supreme commander and its expansion are of my favorite RTS games. I love the size and massive feeling you get when playing the games. Small details like planes running out of fuel ½ ways to their destination I found very exciting and added to the strategy part of the game.

I am wondering in the long run what kind of time frame would a single game take? Are we talking hour long skirmishes, 5 hour, etc?

With the features of being able to run our own servers and the game being DRM free, maybe give the option to switch to a more MMO style where the server continuously runs, you have your friends who can log in and out as they please. Do their deed and go about their business, Server does periodic saves, etc etc.

Anyways just some first thoughts on playing the game.
    As far as bugs thus far, the thing that stands out the most is building bots that are currently constructing something cannot move. So when you assign another until to help build, they may not ever start as they cannot get close enough to assist. Giving them the ability to push the busy units out of the way would help.

Great work thus far
    -Horsem3n
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Re: Love the game, general question possible future game fea

You are thinking along similar lines to me. We simply haven't had the chance to experiment with crazy big or long games yet but it's going to be interesting.
  3. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Fortunately PA has worked well for me since I got the alpha.:) my friend had an nvidia card which made his game nearly unplayable, but with the latest updates it is running amazingly! We got to play a fun game. I am in Malaysia, and it is working so much better for me. Even though I have a good connection, before it was quite laggy. It is working so much better now!

I just want to convey my thanks, and I am really excited to see what is coming next. There are so many good features you are putting into PA.:)

Keep up the good work.

PS. longer hours may not equal more productivity according to studies http://lifehacker.com/5622539/german-wo ... ty-of-life
  4. JamaicanPotato

JamaicanPotato Member

Ahhhh why are you typing in BIG?

In other news i look forward to seeing IF and HOW they are going to work out fuel for aircraft.
  5. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Honestly, I hope they don't do fuel for aircraft. Ammo should be enough, but TA didn't have ammo and that seemed to work out fine.

Just too much micro, too much to worry about.
  6. JamaicanPotato

JamaicanPotato Member

I forgot about the ammo part...maybe when the UI is finished i will pay more attention to it.

Considering that the ammo costs i am happy :)
    Though i did like the air refuelers from supcom :p