The next step in making the game fresh again

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by joker, June 12, 2013.

1. De Troll

De Troll New Member

Not that it's an awful skill, it's just impractical. It comes at the cost of $550 and your mobility.
  2. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I know. I'm not saying that it's something that a Gunner should be using constantly. I'm just making the point that there are reasons to use it.
  3. joker

joker Active Member

Tanks need to deploy more. Element of surprise, nobody will see it coming
  4. De Troll

De Troll New Member

Not until they un-glitch the ******* pro tag.
  5. joker

joker Active Member

Summer patch coming in July to complement the tournament
  6. De Troll

De Troll New Member

Good, because they can't have a tournament without Chickey Cantor.
  7. woyldman

woyldman New Member

Eh, it's decent when snipers have level 2 ice traps. Deploy and shoot back. At least you won't die straight away.

It's not like your going to be spending all your money on slam and grapple ASAP. Deploy 3 saves you from snipers and is good on Steel Peel.
  8. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

So, it might be 60% DR 2500*0.75*0.4=750 (550 health left).
    So, if DR is .4 then no armor is required. If DR is .6 then you need gold armor. If DR is .4 and armor counts, you should survive an air strike without deploy but you don't unless you don't actually gain a uniform amount of health.

A lot of variables. All in all a good time...my god I am boring...
  9. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

It is not an amazing skill, but they can't all be as good as assault bomb. Situational for sure - I use it if I lose my support and know I am dead anyway to maximize damage before I go.
  10. De Troll

De Troll New Member

No good sniper is letting you get deploy 3 before they get ice traps 3. And if you're destroying them that bad, the last thing you need to worry about it deploying.
  11. woyldman

woyldman New Member

Most snipers upgrade Flakk and traps and then go for passive. Then they normally get flakk to level 3 and then Grapple / Traps. I go passive to 3 and then deploy 3 on Gunner because Slam and grapple don't really help that much. Unless you max traps first then we will either get deploy at the same time (roughly) or I get deploy before you get traps.

Gunners can also jump onto traps and mash Y so that they can deploy whilst being frozen. You have a very short amount of time to do it, but it's worth mentioning.
  12. De Troll

De Troll New Member

I go flak 3, then traps 3. The point is, you don't be suicide diving into ice traps, lol.
    And that second part is probably another thing that only works for your European ***, like shooting ice traps.
  13. botpunch2les

botpunch2les Active Member

How about the assassin just can't juice or upgrade his passive or use dash or cloak or smoke bomb or lunge or melee or grapple.

That or just have OP Skrilla play assassin versus Jenubis every private match.
  14. woyldman

woyldman New Member

I'm not saying to channel your inner feedle and jump on every ice trap, but you can do it if you see that you are about to land in a well placed ice trap without any way of avoiding it.

Everyone can do that, and everyone can shoot ice traps with certain weapons / skills. Don't blame my horrible connection for things that everyone does.
  15. joker

joker Active Member

16. De Troll

De Troll New Member

Lol, nooooo you can not. I'll make a video showcasing it if you'd like.
  17. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I resent this thread.

Also, hi.
  18. joker

joker Active Member

Cameo appearances always make everything better. Now if Manouso happened to drop in I think this thread would be made
  19. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Manuoso's MNC ability pales in comparison to mine.
  20. woyldman

woyldman New Member

Swear you could but oh well. Maybe it was ice traps 2 late game or something then.