forest density and natural obstacles

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by ravener96, June 13, 2013.

1. ravener96

ravener96 Member

ok, not much here. the forests seem too thin and need more trees( easy fix )
    forests should slow units passing thrugh to allow for some tactics in moving troops (also easy fix )
    keeping posts short since 1758, the more you know.
  2. dionytadema

dionytadema Active Member

what about first adding LOD to those trees, even tho they don't have much polys the huge amount of them is not appreciated by my graphics card

however i fully agree that some denser forests would be nice.

also make big units/buildings able to deforest, it's a shame to see the nice buildings being pierced by trees
  3. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Yeah, im sure it will be coming, but yeah it would be awesome if dense forrests. mountains dense rocks formation and such.
  4. ravener96

ravener96 Member

if the terrain texture was darker we would almost not see it, the problem is that w see the light ground in between the trees. this is one of those things shown in the kickstarter video that i really liked.
  5. veta

veta Active Member

6. ravener96

ravener96 Member

we should ofcource be able to make units move thrugh forests, but please make it slow them down so there is a strategical bonus to placing your base close or far away from a forest.
  7. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Imagine if there was dense forrests, you could move through that forrest, crushing destroying tree's clearing a path, but that would slow down your units. something like that.

I thinnk that would be awesome. or you could throw a nuke in advance haha.
  8. ravener96

ravener96 Member

robots dont care about no ecosystem!
  9. thefreemon

thefreemon Member

There are no Hippie or green Robots! They all died a slow death because they were environmentally friendly! And their environmental friendly engines died and were buried deep by the fusion powered factions and that's why there are forests in the future. each dead hippie robot is now a tree...or a rock...

On the subject of forests...the denser the better. Also, the edges of the forests could have a higher density of other vegetation... shrubs, maybe grass, dead trees, etc...

In the end I will all come down to performance and what the engine can run without making the game slow down on a medium performance rig.