"Pa.exe Has Stopped Working!"

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by KrisIsHidden, June 16, 2013.

1. KrisIsHidden

KrisIsHidden New Member

Hello, i recently purchased the game through steam and when i run the game i instantly get "Pa.exe has stopped working", How do i resolve this? My computer has two graphics cards, both Nividia GeForce 680x, because i heard people had issues with graphics. How would i remedy this, is there a crash log i can post? and where does the Exe place it?

Thanks!
  2. XSoldier66

XSoldier66 New Member

I bought my game through Steam and when I clicked play I had the same issue. All I did was go to my Windows Updates and went through everything, made sure my cards and sound and all that were up to date, and let the system do it's thing. After my computer restarted and the updates were good the game started working just fine.
  3. antillie

antillie Member

Despite the fact that PA uses OpenGL the Windows client has some DirectX dependencies so updating DirectX (Which is in Windows Update.) can fix certain issues.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

There is really few reasons why crashes happen, so first you need to check everything from here:
    viewtopic.php?f=71&t=47593
    You might see other people's solutions here:
    http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/inde ... ask_id=160

And please post your DxDiag file here.

5. rtsd2

rtsd2 New Member

Hi,

Very popular problem:

Crushing pa.exe because of faulty MSVCP110.dll , (many games not only pa - I allready try to contact about it with nvidia but no respond from theme) - the problem is with nvidia driver (you propably got nvidia graphic card) -old 306.97 version of driver is fixing all of the problems -try it, it works on my machine fine.