Problem loading in to match

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by 0xccc, June 13, 2013.

1. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Now that's an interesting behavior. I'll let the appropriate people know.
  2. 0xccc

0xccc New Member

so its going to be fixed? :D
  3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We're investigating now! That's a weird one for sure. Couple possibilities right off the top I can think of, but waiting for the real people who know to weigh in. :)
  4. 0xccc

0xccc New Member

Ok, thanks for helping me mate! Love your community, they gave me the idea for doing that! I never regret the 90$ I spent! I <3 uber!
  5. 0xccc

0xccc New Member

Do you have an ETA of when its fixed?
  6. 0xccc

0xccc New Member

Any update?
  7. ubermaugustine

ubermaugustine Uber Alumni

We've been investigating the problem you're experiencing as quickly as possible. From what we've found so far, it looks like your account has been able to log in to the game and find a game in quickmatch, but it never connects to the selected game server. There isn't anything obviously wrong with your account.

We haven't ruled out a problem on our side, but a strong possibility is that there is a connectivity issue between the game running on your machine and the UberNet game servers over TCP in the 9000-10000 port range.

Could you provide some more information about the environment in which you're running the game, e.g. OS version, any AV packages, enabled firewalls, network connection (i.e. cable modem, WiFi, router, home/campus/corporate/public) etc.

Thanks for sticking with it. We'll get it sorted out, and the information you provide will help us diagnose these issues for future players.

We're
  8. w12w

w12w New Member

okey ubermaugustine

i was the guy who let 0xccc login [trough teamviewer] on my pc and try to join / create a match

when i connect with my account i have 0 problems since i played a view matches already but when i try with his account it does nothing it gets stuck on the loading screen just as it does on 0xccc's pc

also 0xccc and i are not neighbors so to say since i live in the Netherlands and he in Belgium
    we at our pa irc tried to help him but unluckily we failed he turned off the firewall forwarded all required ports even re-installed in 8 and still he gets the same problem with the steam and non steam version
  9. 0xccc

0xccc New Member

Hey!
    So, OS version: windows 8, AV packages: None, Firewalls: None, network connection: powerline(I also can go wireless) and home network.

No problem, you need to be tanked for sticking with it!
  10. 0xccc

0xccc New Member

After the wonderfull help of w12w we found the problem, 0xCCC = 3276 so when I want to login my name is remembered as a decimal because it thinks that its an hexdecimal thing.

So what I would suggest is that you change my name to CCC or whatever. And then we would try.

Hope this helps in the solution!

(link to bug: http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/inde ... sk_id=1288 )
  11. nid0

nid0 New Member

This does seem to be an issue with usernames being converted from hex, any hex value entered as a username will then display its decimal equivalent as the "remembered" value after closing/reopening the client, suggesting that somewhere along the line 0xCCC's username is getting converted to decimal before being used to auth the connection (as will presumably anyone else's username that just happens to also be a valid hex string).