yet more weeks gone by without play...

Discussion in 'Support!' started by mrscience, June 16, 2013.

1. mrscience

mrscience New Member

I completely understand the art of the alpha bugs bugs, more bugs but two weeks I still have not played at all this is silly. now I cant even launch the game. white screen followed by insta crash in the newest update. and yes all drivers are updated I realy hope I can be apart of the alpha development but its really hard when all I can do is watch from the side lines.
  2. DeadMG

DeadMG Member

Welcome to Alpha. If you were expecting anything other than a massive pile of game-ruining bugs, you were sadly misinformed. Reporting your crashes appropriately is being a part of the alpha development.
  3. mrscience

mrscience New Member

oh I aware fully its just a colossal waste of money considering 90 bucks has gone down the drain to what will be waiting another month or so for beta
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Beta is scheduled for September.

Mike
  5. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

don't forget you get some content with that level of commitment as well.
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Could you post your system specs? It would be helpful to get some more details so we can figure out your issue. Thanks.
  7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Providing a bit more information, including a dxdiag, can help a lot. I just looked at a lot of your game sessions, and you appear to be connecting to the game just fine, but it's pretty clear you're not being able to do anything when you get in.

The more information you can provide, the more folks here, us included, can help you figure out why you are unable to play.

I was going to recommend checking router issues first, but I'm not convinced that's the problem.
  8. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

I do admire the fact that Uber do try to help you get into the game. I had a similar problem on the first 2 days of alpha and was just convinced it might have been the servers not able to handle it. Ok I was wrong and I did manage to figure it out on my own but it does work and there is access to a thread of known techniques to get the game working. So do keep trying and I hope you find out soon
  9. mrscience

mrscience New Member

system specs as follows:
    core: i7-2630QM CPU@ 2.00GHz
    installed memory(ram) 8 gigs
    64 bit operating system windows 7
    video card: NVidia GeForce GT 540M

Also to note I have this all in a laptop whether that has anything to do with it, also to note to garat that the original problem of not being able to start games is now dwarfed by the recent patch today I click the icon and I get a crash the moment the window is brought up.
  10. laseek

laseek New Member

Also - check your task manager - look for CoherentUI_Host running - and if they are - kill all of them - when they linger around it can cause PA to crash on start.
  11. mrscience

mrscience New Member

took your suggestion but nothing still
  12. redstar427

redstar427 Member

I have also heard of some crashing issues in multiple games with Nvidia driver version 320.18, and you might want to try version 314.22.
  13. mrscience

mrscience New Member

the latest version for my driver(just updated today) is 306.97
  14. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

This is a common problem, unfortunately. We just received a new version of coherence which should help with that a bit, we hope.

We'll have to investigate a bit at the office tomorrow morning, not just for you, mrscience, but for a number of people who are reporting increased crashing in the latest build. It could be tied to a couple different things.
  15. mrscience

mrscience New Member

If I could make a last point along with a great thx for the support is that my original problem before the latest update also prevented me from playing at all. ie after I made a match it would freeze and crash at the tail end of the starting game loading screen but as for the recent crash its like icing to a alpha cake :) but thx all the same for all the help
  16. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

mrscience I've had issues with my nvidia game to play on a laptop too.
    I was lucky it was just my default video card was selected instead and got the same thing you went through but I switched it to my nvidia to load the game on default but I also lowered my graphic settings to minimum.....
    Not sure if it helps but it could be your videocard.
  17. mrscience

mrscience New Member

love to say that It was but the graphics switch doesn't work(manly cuz I have nothing to switch to), although now I cant even start the .exe or the game since the latest patch, witch kinda dwarfs my original problem. but regardless I really appreciate your suggestions keep em coming if u got em. ENJOY the spolsions
  18. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Well I hope someone or you figure it out.
    I've started to watch some alpha gameplay on youtube already there are some enjoyable matches to watch. I know it's a poor equivalent but it is fun to watch.
    I wish I had the recording ability to do it myself because I've had some good games that deserved to be recorded....
  19. ycnz

ycnz New Member

Yeah, this is why I gave up trying to game on laptops. The drivers have to be filtered through the laptop manufacturer, and are generally laughably outdated.

Which specific laptop do you have? There may be ways to get newer drivers on (YMMV)
  20. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

If the driver is old you are likely not going to get it worked. Getting a better driver should be the first step.

Also, are you positive it's using the nvdia card and not the internal GPU? I've had massive problems getting this to work on a variety of hardware.