General thoughts on gameplay and balance

Discussion in 'Support!' started by willbest49, June 16, 2013.

1. willbest49

willbest49 New Member

I really like the potential of this game and the strategies that can be had to amass on your opponent. However, right now, whats stopping the complete base defense? The projectiles are so strong and the range so limited, the only way to knock out a base defense is a complete kamikazi, or build with no hope of ever being attacked with a stalemate.

I don't know what thoughts there are of different factions to deal with balance, I really wish I could nuke the base defense guy. With the ranged assault of the base defense, my complete army is annihilated before I can even reach the out skirts of the base.

Maybe for the commander as he is so important, there were things that he could participate in to make him participate beyond the beginning of a match? Or could there be particular structures he could build to house him and protect him? The whole goal is to protect the king, but I could always swap the rook to house him in. I have liked hiding him in non-essential buildings so that he cannot be picked off, too bad the AI only protects him with 12 turrets.

Thanks, and cant wait to see more changes!

William
  2. thedbp

thedbp Member

well, the plan to counter turtling is throwing a meteor at the planet.

for now to counter base defense you can actually just build some mobile artillery or T2 air

on the note of the commander he is a'most the with the best mass/power ratio. see this
    [​IMG]
  3. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Now the game is robots. but if it wasnt it could have been like Commander would boost morale :p

something that would give you a risk / reward for having him home, or having him with you in the battle.
  4. xenomorph555

xenomorph555 New Member

Just use lobbers, they have a massive range and pack a punch.
  5. Frostiken

Frostiken Member

I have problems attacking things not in line-of-sight. I built a lobber, it fired one shot, and then just sat there and wouldn't do anything after that.

Also the lack of mobile radar doesn't help.
  6. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

t2 artillery tanks and t2 bombers make good use of destroying a defence just build extra factories of them or get leviathans seriously t2 units can get through a lot of defence very easily whilst he/she is spending resources on defence spend yours on offense
  7. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

we already know there will be added safer ways of scouting areas like satilates and such to be able to utilize lobbers to their full potential but right now the standard answer is applied to this problem. its alpha it will probaly be fixed by beta
  8. soghog

soghog Member

Pure turtling won't be as viable once metal extractors can only be placed on metal deposits. Then the game will require you to explore unclaimed territory and protect your extractors, making turf warfare pretty significant.