The next step in making the game fresh again

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by joker, June 12, 2013.

1. knivez

knivez Member

This is an elaborate ploy by Chron to make teams play our team with myself and kckzi on sniper.
  2. De Troll

De Troll New Member

Me and Zatchmo are up for the challenge.
  3. joker

joker Active Member

4. woyldman

woyldman New Member

I think I've juiced a total of 5 times as gunner since the juice ban (which started 2 years ago IIRC), no exaggeration. Sometimes you don't even get to reload. Everyone targets the gunner first, so you may as well ambush them first. How gunners are able to sit at the back of the base and mortar bots just really confuses me into their mentality behind it, since you are the best slayer and staying at the back of the team, not slaying.
  5. notsmurph

notsmurph New Member

If they sit back like douches they're less likely to be killed.
  6. bluntkingmcpussy

bluntkingmcpussy Member

You suck so nobody cares.
  7. notsmurph

notsmurph New Member

Actually, being dependent on double damage and temp invincibility in a shooter means... you suck.
  8. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

It's actually more than double damage and not even close to invincibility. Unless you're an Assault. Just sayin'.
  9. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Leifglinde is much closer to right (effective DPS is more than x2)
    Base damage is not actually modified at all though, you just auto crit. If there was an effect that removed\mitigated crits then you would take the same damage from a juiced person as a non juiced person.
    Crit damage IS multiplied by 2 though (base crit is x1.05 so auto crit from juice is x2.1, more with crit endorsement and the already mentioned assault, whose passive adds crit but also others like gunner deploy)
    Damage taken x0.4 (60% DR, multiplicative [I think, else additive] with other DR like gunner deploy...hmmm I wonder if a juiced\deployed\gold armor gunner can survive an airstrike? Never tried that...)
    Base max health set to 1000 so you are healed to full when activated. Argument about if armor adds to this or not, I think it does. It does remove overheal (like other base health changes, ex. tank passive)
    Speed boost is hard to measure, but it does happen. About what you get from a boot.
    Reload x0.5 (half reload speed, additive with reload endorsements).
    RoF x0.8 additive with RoF endorsements.

Estimated values, of course. Some things may multiply instead of add, and vice-versa; too hard to measure on XBL.

As a side benefit you get purple effects and some people send you messages to post on the hate mail thread.
  10. notsmurph

notsmurph New Member

So much effort for nothing.

Attached Files:

11. RandomToon

Makes sense.
  12. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Isn't the base crit multiplier 1.5, not 1.05? Anyway Armor definitely does affect juice base health.

Dunno about Gunner, but a full health gold armored Assassin will survive an airstrike with about 20% health left is she's in the smoke bomb animation (50% DR).

Speed boosts actually differ per class. I don't recall the exact numbers, but Assassin and Sniper get a small speed boost, Assault and Support get a moderate boost, and Tank and Gunner get a large boost.
  13. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

Yes, lets ban assassin from private matches.. its either i let someone else play it and it goes overtime or I play it and the game is over in 15seconds.. pretty stupid if you ask me
  14. RandomToon

Hard to quantify - it has a lot to do with damage drop off, which no one has figured out because it is different on every gun. Some guns with no damage drop, like grenade launcher, are easy to count when you have juice. I will do some math with assassin when I get back into town, since they are the only class that can reliably crit. There is also a chance that different guns deal different crit damage - because crit is active for a second when it procs, it is possible that faster shooting guns have a lower multiplier to mitigate that advantage. But that seems like a lot of code and I think Uber would be too lazy to do that...f.t.r. I did test it a while back and for shoorikens it was about 1.05-1.1 when I did it (hard to get exact numbers, rounding is required) but my methodology was flawed, to say the least...

I know assassin will survive although I am not sure what the DR on deploy is. I think like 20-25%. I haven't been on in a couple of days and will be gone all week so I can't test it.

Airstrike; 2500*.4= 1000, which if health becomes 1000 would be survivable with any armor. We know it is not, which is why I think that someone did the math wrong. DR should be .6 (40% DR) giving us 2500*.6=1500, which would kill a gold armored toon and is consistent with current game play. Which is why an assassin with gold armor and smoke bomb gets 2500*.6*.5=750 damage, which leaves you with 550 health, or roughly 42% of your health (keep in mind the health bar is weighted). It would also mean you shouldn't need armor to survive, unless the accepted .5 DR is also wrong. Gunner would get 2500*.6*.75=1125, which should mean you live with gold or silver armor. If DR is 20% and not 25%, then it is 2500*.6*.8=1200 which means you need gold to survive and die in silver. Easy enough to test both...I just need the time.

Juiced speed is like +180 for light, +200 for medium, +250 for heavy (basically, everyone goes very close to the same speed with juice - assassin is slightly faster than everyone). Speed boost for boots is about +200.
  15. joker

joker Active Member

Juice is good. It helps me get kills
  16. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Oh yeah, Gunner gets 25% damage reduction when deployed.
  17. notsmurph

notsmurph New Member

lol why would a gunner ever deploy? Then they can't cheese between the tops of walls.
  18. RandomToon

Makes sense.
  19. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Increased crits, increased accuracy, slows enemies, decreased damage taken, head shield at level 3. Man, what a terrible skill...
  20. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Toon, just tested deployed/juiced/gold armored Gunner vs Airstrike. Gunner survives with 35-40% of his health left.