Can't get patrolling to work...

Discussion in 'Support!' started by moofie, June 16, 2013.

1. moofie

moofie New Member

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I select my air units, click the Patrol button, and click another spot on the map...they happily go there and land. Sitting ducks.

Is this a bug, or am I dumb? I may be dumb.
  2. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

A single patrol point is no different than a right click move. You need to create more than one patrol point by selecting the patrol order type and using shift + left click to have them keep moving.
  3. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Ahh, so the patrol function doesn't implicitly include the units' current location as a patrol node.
  4. Timevans999

Timevans999 Active Member

Partol works fine.
  5. Timevans999

Timevans999 Active Member

6. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Is this expected to be changed? The intuitive version (for me) would be that it uses the intial point of the unit given the order as the first patrol point.

One can still get the current behaviour by using shift and giving a move command first and then using the patrol command.
  7. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

It might be intuitive at first glance, but it would also mean a restriction.
    You don't necessary want the current location to be included in the patrol order when you issue multiple points.
  8. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Thats why, as I said, you can shift-move-command first to change your first point where you patrol.

Same functionality but more intuitive imo.
  9. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

That could work...

As I think about it, patrol without shift modifier never really made any sense before.
  10. 6animalmother9

6animalmother9 Member

That caught me by surprised as well when first playing, being that what you are mentioning is what was used in both TA and SupCom
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

My comments are on how it works now, I don't have any insight on if its the intended behavior or not, could be a bug!