Steam conversion

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Marnit, June 15, 2013.

1. Marnit

Marnit Member

So basicly i can convert it, activate key on steam, and then i will still be able to play/update via uber launcher, play entirely offline etc with no restrictions compared to what i have now, with also the ability to download it through steam?

If so, great and i will convert.
    If not, i will not convert for now at least...
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Yes. Once you've linked your steam account then you can use either one.
  3. Marnit

Marnit Member

Great, thanks
  4. dkalenn

dkalenn New Member

I have converted to steam before activating.

Now I know most activate

and therefore, I do not know how to access to the alpha: (
  5. cosmoray

cosmoray New Member

I've activated my Steam key, and it said that my accounts were linked, but the launcher now prompts me with this:

"Your account is not authorized to play PA. Please enter your access code."
  6. liacarr000

liacarr000 New Member

I switched my key to steam and downloaded it and when i hit play the game wont open. :cry: I am using a Mac which i know shouldn't be making it not open but may have to do with what I did wrong. Its probably user error. Any help will be useful; I'm dying to try out this game.
  7. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I have buy the game in steam and its all runs great not even 1 issiu..really happy
    Or i play with steam on or off we got the 2 choices, i see a very good work here...
    Just download the PALauncher in you´r Uber account and all runs has you like...
  8. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Once you've done this conversion, you won't be able to play through the launcher until you've linked a Steam account which owns the game to your Uber account.

You need to redeem the Steam key in the Steam client. Then you can download and play through Steam which will cause the accounts to link up, or you can link them up manually here: https://uberent.com/user/linksteam (do this AFTER you redeem the Steam key in the Steam client)

The trick is that once you convert to Steam, the authorization to play no longer lives on your Uber account, it lives on your Steam account. But once those accounts are linked we can treat them as one ans you can play through Steam or the launcher.
  9. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Wow, that is a really nice explanation. Thx.

So, no hassle to convert to steam at all... nice. :)
  10. smithrjdan

smithrjdan New Member

Im having the same issue, got up to pressing play on steam but coming up with error message, not sure what to do from here, will uninstall then re-install *crossing fingers*
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You have same issue on Mac, or on Windows?

For Windows:
    viewtopic.php?f=71&t=47593
    Have you read this topic? Also please upload your DxDiag.txt:
    Run DxDiag tool (Start > Run > type "dxdiag" without quotes), press "Save All Information" button and upload your DxDiag.txt as attachment on forums.