Official PA Modders Application

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by garat, June 11, 2013.

1. LegionDarrath

LegionDarrath Member

Damn, why didn't I think of that :lol:
  2. Darkdevil0079

Darkdevil0079 New Member

I have posted

Do you think that it would be an idea to get another thead that would allow people to post ideas and find people to help , just an idea
  3. mrkroket

mrkroket Member

I don't understand Modding as simply tweaking some cfg files, changing names or textures, or even creating new models. This could be tweaks or custom content, but it's not really a mod for me.
    I expect from a mod to change (more or less) the vanilla game mechanics, adding new features or even making something totally different (DOTA, CS, etc etc).
    There will be some way to interact with the engine? Some scripting way to make new things on the game. New data, new triggers, code, you know.

About official, I'll wait to the public mod tool launch because I'm not in alpha. I don't have a mod idea at all but always it's interesting to see modding tools, and what can one do with them.
  4. RCIX

RCIX Member

I applied as well. Lets hope me + a modeler from the Nomads is enough to get in =o
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

BlackOps Team has Applied.

Mike
  6. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Where can I find a copy of the mod marketplace Contributor's Agreement? Maybe add a link to the OP?
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

As it said it will be sent to, I'm assuming, people offered by Uber the option of joining this program.

Mike
  8. deso88

deso88 Member

Applied aswell. Will have some great fun with UI mods.
  9. ephoscus

ephoscus Member

I've applied but I've not really ever "finished" a mod - just played around here and there. Also probably don't have huge amounts of time but I'd like to play around a bit with modding this game, more so than others. Won't feel put out if I don't get accepted though, I can understand if Uber want to keep it to a small team.
  10. crazy987

crazy987 New Member

Think im gonna apply to, Just let me know if i could be of use.
    Always have been busy with seeing how far i can go in games in the sence of changing things, but never really put something out to the public.

I have some idea's for new units (if thats possible in PA) and stuff like that.

Been busy in Counter Strike with map design.
    Warcraft 3 Level design
    Source engine gamedesign (half-life & half-life 2 mods, never published)

And offcourse in my off-time i'm programming, messing with Unity and trying to build stuff in 3ds MAX

Also programmer as a job :p
    I know C#, Javascript, Java, PHP html
    Can read VB(.net) and some C++
  11. JagdCrab

JagdCrab New Member

Well, i won't apply personally, but if some modders team wold need extra hands - just let me know, modding PA is one thing that i'm really exited about.
    In the past i have an experience with modding TES and Fallout NV, script writing (both scenarios and action scripts), and model editing.
  12. numptyscrub

numptyscrub Member

Ok, after a discussion in the Backers Lounge I started applying, but I've never hosted any of the twink mods* I made for myself (Neverwinter Nights series, Elder Scrolls series) to the internets at large, and it's asking me for links to one of my mods.

Is it dishonest for me to scour my HD for something and upload one to my website just so I can provide a link on my modding application, when I'm not actually a "release awesome stuff to the public" guy? I'm now pretty sure I don't fit the target audience for this, based on that being a required field :|

*e.g. for NWN, a simple indoor map with custom vendor (selfmade OP items for sale), and 2 scripted objects that provide cash on click, or enough XP to level on click. Cheating, but technically the hard way ;)
  13. RCIX

RCIX Member

I uploaded a physics library I wrote as my "mod", sooo go for it. But we'll see if they accept me xD
  14. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I didn't do any mods but i made some starcraft2 maps played in pro tournaments during a long time(MLG, Kespa Proleague, IGN Proleague, Blizzard World Championchip Series, ESL)
    So i am more specialized in terrain and understanding vanilla gameplay, not sure if that would help in making mods.
  15. kazzymodus

kazzymodus Active Member

Is the mod marketplace agreement thingy colliding with the SMNC agreement? In other words, are we (the SMNC guys) finally going to get our classic items + money?
  16. nossalamis

nossalamis New Member

I would love to join up but I am limited to basic modeling(I can't properly rig or bake textures to the models yet :/ ) . That and I work the night shift so most of my time is stuck in that or sleeping. If people need some basic things modeled(Minus the rigging and baking textures I have no issues)
  17. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

I will wait until it becomes clear if the modding system will be able to suit my needs or not.

I'm not a designer, modeler nor do I have lucky hand with any other type of graphics related stuff, but I'm a passionate coder. There are a few things I really wanna do, but they all would require me to directly modify core features and I'm not convinced yet that this will be possible at all.
  18. cardboardboxpro

cardboardboxpro Member

I am making a mod. I suppose I need someone to texture. not like it would be hard. I just hate PS. But I will just texture the same way I did for KSP mods. But i have submitted my application :D
  19. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

Why does the 'Have not finished a mod' option take you straight to submit? It ignores other facets such as experience with modding environments (like minecraft. i never officially finished a mod, but i have had lots of experience with the modding on there, even if it was only in java =.=)
  20. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

I feel like I should apply :)

I've made a full open-sourced game lobby system for FA (or anything really), 2 years of patching for FA (even more if you count the Community Balance Fix Patch that I've started), and finishing the original Galactic War system, currently in alpha too, that PA took the name from. (and currently implementing a dynamic scenario AI system in it).

I think there is not a single LUA file in FA that I've not edited in some way. And probably screamed at some code from some Uber members :)

Also made Murder Party for FA :)