Steam: A Mature Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by keramane, June 13, 2013.

1. keramane

keramane New Member

Fact: There are alot of idiots on steam.
    Fact: Not everyone on steam is an idiot.

With those truths held above all others, I start this thread.

I understand the reasoning behind making the Steam Early Release $90. For those who got TL;DR syndrome and are on this forum WTF-ing right now, Uber's Kickstarter slated early access at $90 and rather than being unfair to their pre-Alpha supporters and - as the name implies - Kickstarting funds, are charging Steam players the same price.

Notice how derp me sounded so smart and calm and clever? Yeah, I derped. They're giving us everything that Kickstarter guys get, but I missed that in the 31 pages of Steam notations. However, unless someone feels like deleting this because derped, I'm going to leave it as a standing point to get people to stop flaming the crap out of the threads.

Probably won't work, but I'm trying my best TT_TT

---------------

For the derps:

$90 is alot.
    Wait till December to pay less.
    I just saved you money.
    Don't thank me, just type LOL 3 less times today. Thank you.
    Last edited: June 14, 2013
  2. acey195

acey195 Member

I think, at least the digital (non-physical) goodies, should be pretty easy to transfer. I am guessing you do get them via steam as well. Like you point out, it seems a bit weird if you would not.

And if you really do not get them, I think some other people are willing (and most likely allowed) to link you a large part of the goods (OST, Artbook and documentary)

Also, I think when the beta launches (September) the price of early access could possibly drop as well, to something between 90 and the final release price.

Alternatively I think you can also buy the key from the uberstore and then convert it to a steam key, though I am not entirely sure about that.
  3. d10sfan

d10sfan Member

4. keramane

keramane New Member

Wellp. Derp on me. However, that now stated, I'll edit the lead post and this can be a pointer to debunk other derps, apparently like me.

Derp.