Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerzanista

zerzanista New Member

Kickstarter is a donation platform where people DONATE to the production of your video game. Steam is a store where you make SALES to the consumer who is willing to BUY your game. Early Access is not a means of raising funds (you have clearly accomplished this on your Kickstarter); Early Access is a way for Steam users to BUY the game early to help with development and the overall progression of the game.
  2. feyder

feyder Member

Its a ridiculous system, Just pushed the Average up by voting positive as this game is and will be amazing.
  3. extraspectre

extraspectre New Member

Uhhh, no. Kickstarter is money for goods, not donation.
  4. veta

veta Active Member

steam discussion about PA is hilarious right now. I think Uber should stick to their guns this'll blow over.
  5. extraspectre

extraspectre New Member

I honestly feel they should just scrap Steam early access until beta, but let existing buyers convert their keys if they want.

This is spiraling out of control.
  6. veta

veta Active Member

7. gobhoblin

gobhoblin New Member

It is a fund raiser so yeah it is practically a donation. When you buy a $2 candy bar from a kid raising money for his band to perform at Disney or something you are doing the offline kickstarter.
  8. kiviar

kiviar New Member

It's a tough call. Yes Uber can just sit silent and this storm will 'probably' blow over. On the other hand, this one event might get stuck in the collective memory and never disperse no matter how good the final product has become.

I mentioned SoTS II before, when it launched it was literally unplayable, but today, it is not a 'terrible' game. However the concept that is worse than the plague has stuck in everyone's craw.

So its a real catch 22. Even removing it from steam would probably do more harm than good at this point.

Either way to the unattached observer this is a humerous example of what developers want kickstarter/early-access to be, what the public wants them to be, and what they actually are treated as.
    Last edited: June 13, 2013
  9. zerzanista

zerzanista New Member

You guys really boshed this up. If you had a reasonable price and didn't base pricing off of donations, then you probably could have made Steam's top seller list.
  10. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Eh, I'd disagree here somewhat. Kickstarter is money for the attempt to get the goods. You're not guaranteed a product, you're just (well more or less, probably less until this gets in front of a court) guaranteed that whoever offers whatever they offer tries to make whatever they promised with the possibility of failure.
  11. mrunderstanding

mrunderstanding New Member

I tried reasoning with one of them, asked him to read the description and visit the forums if he still didn't get it. He told me I had "already lost the war." It made me happy and sad. :/

Why does PA even HAVE an entry on Metacritic?
  12. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I don't think you are fully understanding our goals here.
  13. zerzanista

zerzanista New Member

The Steam forums just shut down for this game?
  14. extraspectre

extraspectre New Member

Oh sweet jesus the steam forum is gone.

Do I even wanna know?
  15. zerzanista

zerzanista New Member

I understand that you guys are trying to appeal to the Kickstarters, but that is inherently faulty. They were willing to DONATE to this game the 90$ you guys asked for alpha. Several Kickstarters on the Steam forums were at disbelief that Uber would charge this much for a Steam release.
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Bet I beat Jessup to doing this...

[​IMG]
  17. gobhoblin

gobhoblin New Member

He means that they aren't trying to sell a ton of copies on Steam yet.
  18. zerzanista

zerzanista New Member

Is there any chance that Uber will drop the price or remove this from Steam? Otherwise I'll wait in disappointment for retail price to not buy it on behalf of this outrageous occurrence.
  19. zerzanista

zerzanista New Member

Then why go to the effort to put it on Steam and then furthermore try to suppress the consumers rage by shutting down discussion for this game?
  20. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

I can access it fine?

Backers like Me wanted it on Steam, they did it for us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.