Late Game Bots

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by InsolubleFluff, January 4, 2011.

1. InsolubleFluff

InsolubleFluff New Member

Currently late game bots consist of plenty of bouncers running around causing riot, could we please get it randomized so we can a varied game play?

For example, spawning three gremlins or two scramblers instead of one bouncer?
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The Bouncers only spawn on Spunky Cola Arena and I think they're a perfect fit for this map. If spawned on a few other maps I think it would cause more harm then good. For example on Steel Peel Bouncer spawns would work great since it's a cqc map but on like GrenADEIII they would wander around aimlessly looking for Pros to attack and just bog down the framerate.

This is just drunk talk but it would be nice to be able to set a target for your spawned bots to attack. Say you are assaulting the enemy base and a Gunner is giving you trouble, you can direct your bots to attack that Gunner so you have time to destroy their defenses which equates to your team taking down their shields and possibly even damaging their Moneyball.
  3. InsolubleFluff

Well, perhaps they need to spawn different bots per map?
    Gap shots would work wonderfully on Grenade III
    Gremlins could be good for LazeRazor?
    Scramblers on Steel Peel?
    Buzzers on Ammo Mule?
  4. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I Gremlin, Buzzer or Scrambler spawns became standard, I'd quit. Seriously.
  5. AtomGone

AtomGone New Member

I thought bots spawned according to pro that spawned them, not arena.

Am I wrong?
  6. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Spunky as the only arena that spawns bots.

You're right about the pro specific bots.

Assault=Buzzers

Support=Gapshots

Assassin=Gremlins

Sniper=Scramblers

Tank/Gunner=Bouncers
  7. AtomGone

AtomGone New Member

Ahhh ok then. I always though there were just Tanks and Gunners blowing money, I took a break from the game and just came back to it a week ago. This makes WAY more sense.
  8. InsolubleFluff

I personally just find that the game is slightly more of a challenge and also less repetitive when the bouncers are being spawned, but this same spawning idea can be applied all of the maps and simply modify which bots spawn. I personally feel this would improve the game by making the bots more effective late game.
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

gap shots would work great an greNADEIII.

too great. trust me, a congo line of gapshots being spawned on its own is NOT something you want. forget about the idea. even gremlins are hard to some newbies. bouncers are fine once you learn to secondary-weapon-grapple on reaction.