Steam alpha?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by evilotioncr2, June 11, 2013.

1. evilotioncr2

evilotioncr2 New Member

Hello,I'm new over here :) .I have a question,if we will buy the steam version when it releases,will we be able to play it immidietaly? Or will we need to wait till' it's in Beta or fully released? Because if yes,they have on more customer.

Best regards
    EvilotionCR2
  2. feyder

feyder Member

Afaik you pay $90 for Alpha level Entry.
  3. antillie

antillie Member

If you buy it directly from Uber you can convert your game key to Steam later. Not only does this let you get the game before it releases on Steam but Uber gets more money since Valve doesn't take a cut.

But if you want to wait and buy the alpha on Steam for $90 in a couple of days you can.

Either way you get to play the game while its in alpha. (read: buggy demo)
  4. thapear

thapear Member

It's always better to buy it from them directly, as steam takes a cut of the profits.
    If you buy it from them directly, you'll be able to activate your key on steam afterwards.
  5. evilotioncr2

evilotioncr2 New Member

I thought it would be 20 bucks or something,I'll rather wait,and what will the final game cost? 40? 20? 50?
  6. antillie

antillie Member

I expect that the Steam price will be $90 during the alpha, drop to $60 when the beta launches, and then drop to $40 when the game is released. When you buy it is up to you. Basically early access commands a premium price, the earlier the access, the more premium the price.

If you really want to be cheap about it I think the first chance you might get to pick up PA at a discount will be during the summer sale on Steam next year. Possibly. Maybe.
    Last edited: June 11, 2013
  7. evilotioncr2

evilotioncr2 New Member

I'll rather wait till it will be in -75% sale
  8. antillie

antillie Member

You do realize that will probably be at least a year from now, possibly longer, if ever? I mean its up to you but trying to predict Steam sales is like trying to predict the stock market.
  9. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Then you are going to be waiting a long long time.
  10. evilotioncr2

evilotioncr2 New Member

God dangit,Uber will still get one more alpha customer.
  11. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

I agree :D If you want to buy it while the price is reduced by -75% you can wait 1-1,5 years.