Steam key

Discussion in 'Support!' started by d3nn05, June 10, 2013.

1. d3nn05

d3nn05 Member

Is the steam keys aleady out? Saw in the mod forum that some had there game in the steam folder already? or did they maybe just installed there game there?

And if they ain't out when will we be able to convert the key to a steam key? same day as the steam release or a day before/after? :)

AND when i start the game it show the steam window? how can it show that when it ain't started through steam or even added to steam at all?
  2. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

The steam early access begins June 13th, and on that date you will be able to convert your key into a steam key. I'm not sure what you mean by "steam window", but if you mean your library, your launcher will appear there once you've converted, or bought early access.
    Hope this helped clear anything up! :)
  3. d3nn05

d3nn05 Member

ok! :)

i mean the steam community window

[​IMG]

i don't have the game in steam library. so that steam window should not appear on start up and i should not be able to Shift+tab to the community.
  4. xanatosx

xanatosx Member

I think he addet the game as a non-steam game.

Look here to see how it works.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You're wrong. If you check game forums you will see two files: steam_api64.dll and steam_appid.txt
    Client binary is also dynamically linked to Steamworks API already.

So when you run game it's send message to Steam client using standard API and game works like it was manually added to the Steam library.
    Last edited: June 11, 2013
  6. d3nn05

d3nn05 Member

can't you read? i said that i din't add it -.-

ah that's why i can see steam:) thx
  7. xanatosx

xanatosx Member

Sorry, I just overread the fact you never added the game manuelly -.- my fault