1. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

It's a small suggestion, but wouldn't it be nice if you could duck behind those just-too-small-for-a-pro barriers?

Example. There's an enemy sniper pinning you down on Grenade, and you want to shelter behind one of those glass barriers where the ejectors for the middle platform are situated.
    Of course your head tips out an inch above the barrier, and you get headshot.

I've had this a couple of times, and being able to duck (with LS, I'd say) would be nice.
  2. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Ducking would be awesome. I catch myself sometimes trying to duck. lol
  3. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Seem like a lot of work for a small suggestion though... Besides, you have to keep moving in this game.
  4. FB Zombie Chaos

For me it's more of an instinct from playing so many shooters.

Ducking behind cover is like a reflex.

:D
  5. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

We must play different shooters then, because my instincts always tell that "speed kills". I'd rather get my health recharging by zig-zagging my way back to my base than to sit behind a wall where the enemy knows I am.
  6. FB Zombie Chaos

I would say our style of play is different.

You like to retreat to regain health, I like to hide behind stuff.
  7. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Me too.
    That's why I posted this.
  8. Grec

Grec New Member

Yup.

MNC's like Quake, stop moving and you die.
  9. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Yup. The first FPS games that I played (and still my favorites) are Unreal Tournament and Quake. You do NOT sit still in those games.
  10. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

I agree that it's a useful feature and I'd like to see it myself, but it's probably not worth the trouble to implement it within the game. Just off the top of my head it'd require one new animation for each class:

-stationary while crouched
    -moving very slowly while crouched in at least four directions
    -moving at full crouch speed in at least four directions

Then, it'd require really annoying adjustments to hitboxes. Anybody else remember how severe the hitbox issues were on Source games with crouch abuse? :roll:

tl;dr Nifty idea that is a bit out of place and would require more trouble than it's worth.
  11. AtomGone

AtomGone New Member

I was thinking for a while that ducking for a particular class might not be a bad idea, but it would have to be some ludicrously tall class for it to work.
  12. discocrisco

discocrisco New Member

I've tried to use V.A.T.S. before in a match. It was after coming back from Fallout:NV after I got bored with it.

Anyway, I enjoy the crap out of cover based shooters like M.E., Uncharted, and RDR. I can imagine the more agile classes sliding into cover, but not the tank or gunner.

I'd like ducking, but would rather have V.A.T.S.
  13. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

I'm sorry but what's V.A.T.S.?
  14. Kangarou

Kangarou New Member

An RPG-esque aiming feature used in Fallout 3/New Vegas that stopped time, and inherently would be impossible to do in an online shooter.
  15. TG GHOSTMERC

TG GHOSTMERC New Member

a better solution would be to make those wall s taller.
  16. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We had a cover system in the game early on for about a week. It completely changed the pace of the game and we cut it. We wanted a a faster paced, run and gun feel and cover systems change that.
  17. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

While ducking is a neat idea, I think it could potentially change the dynamic of the game. As people have said, in this game you have to keep moving or you die. If you had the ability to duck I feel like it would slow down the game and make it more campy, i.e. have people pop up and down and take pot shots. Of course I could always be wrong, but I feel like ducking behind a wall is much easier than having to keep moving.

Although as an assassin player, ducking would make people much easier to pick off.

*Edit* of course Eka has to make his post while I was writing mine >_>